- Don't Do it -

tw: suicide talk/etc
from august 2 of this year
—————————
shuuichi's emotions seemed to really want to be a bitch at this moment. knife at his side, he sits on his bed sobbing his eyes out. kaito told him not to do this. but no matter times he told him he...

shuuichi slowly grabs the knife and brings it to his arm. he brings the blade through his skin hardly flinching at the pain. it didn't shock him that he was used to this by now.

but he didn't notice something. as he continues to cut up his arms, his depressive haze keeps him from noticing his door creak open. "SHUUICHI!"

that snaps him out. as kaito runs to his side and takes the knife away from him, his eyes widen in shock. "k-kaito..." he whispers. now he feels guilty.

"shuuichi, wh-what did i say about this?! harming yourself is bad! it isn't gonna...help anything..." kaito stuttering. it's rare. he tosses the knife across the room and hugs shuuichi tightly.

"...k-k-kaito..." shuuichi sobs, hugging back. the two spent the moments holding onto each other. kaito pulls away and takes off his jacket. and he rips off one of the sleeves.

"wh-what're you d-doing?!" the detective squeals as the other boy rips off the other sleeve. "this is to cover your wound! don't thank me and don't feel guilty. i'm doing this for you." shuuichi looks down and mumbles something. "what?"

"i don't...deserve it..." he says louder. kaito wraps up his arms and pulls him close. "of course you deserve my love. your shuuichi saihara, an amazing detective and my lovely boyfriend!" shuuichi smiles softly, but it quickly fades.

"kaito i-i put everyone to death!! everyone!!!" the detective yells. "no!! you didn't! it's their fault they got executed, my star. they brought it upon themselves, simple."

"k-kaito—!"
"no, stop. stop making excuses!" kaito growls. "like i said, they bring it upon themselves. their fates are decided when they decide to murder. you did nothing. nothings your fault."

"no! if i wasn't here, they would be alive! no one needs me! i'm not important! i—"
"I NEED YOU!!" a rare sight.

kaito crying.

tears well up in his eyes, which he desperately tries to blink away, but to no avail. "y-you are important...i need you, shuuichi. you are the true light here. your the sun out of all those damn stars, and we're your planets."

shuuichi lets out a whimper. "so you can't fucking die, g-got it?! you can't kill yourself." kaito says, grabbing the detectives shoulders. "y-yeah..." shuuichi stutters, kaitos crying still leaving him in shock.

"you promise?" kaito sticks out his pinkie.
"y-yeah, i promise," and shuuichi does it back.
"i love you, honey."
"i-i love you too, k-kaito..."