Running

guess what, your girl is back from the fucking depths of hell (writers block)  

This is set two days after the last update. Pete's dad's funeral is tomorrow, and they leave for their road trip in three days. 

I didn't to mean to make this chapter this fucking sad, I'm so sorry. 

~Remus' POV~

Why is it so common for everyone to fall asleep in the living room but me? 

Sirius is curled up by me on the couch, out cold. Lily is asleep in an armchair. Mama is asleep in the other armchair. Reg is sprawled across the other end of the couch, with shadow curled into a ball on his chest. Bella is dozing, laying across my feet on her side. 

After Pete and Katie went home, we decided to have a movie night. Reg stayed awake all through 'Lion King' and half of 'Beauty and the Beast' before he fell asleep. Mama was asleep by the end of that movie. Lily was asleep half way through 'Ratatouille', and Sirius fell asleep about ten minutes after her. 

So here I am, watching the end credits of Ratatouille. My head is leaning against Sirius', my arm wrapped snugly around his shoulders. 

I'm open to suggestions on what I should do. 

Okay, I've got to do something, because I can't fall asleep sitting up. Also, reg will complain about a crick in his neck tomorrow if he stays like that. 

I wait for a few minutes before getting up, gently nudging Bella until she gets up. Sirius stirs, reaching out for me. I snap my fingers and motion for Bella to jump up with Sirius. She does, curling up by him. Siri chuckles, burying his face in her fur. 

I throw a blanket over Mama, deciding to leave her the way she is. I lay another blanket over Lily, deciding to leave her there as well. 

I silently walk over to Reg, gently placing a pillow under his head. He already has a blanket. 

Bella looks up at me, tilting her head. I smile and rub between her ears. Bella jumps down, trotting over to curl up in her bed. I chuckle. I look down at Sirius, who is sprawled out under a blanket. My heart melts. He's so damn cute. 

I lay down beside sirius, almost falling off of the couch. Ri chuckles and curls up, giving me more room. 

"We should just go to bed," Siri whispers, nestling close to my shoulder. 

"Nah. Too much work," I wrap my arm around my boyfriend, kissing the top of his head. "Love you," 

Sirius lifts up his head and kisses my cheek, then settles back down. "I love you too, moony," 

I fall asleep with my boyfriend wrapped up in my arms, my legs intertwined with my brother's, and a sweet sense of calm filling the air. 

When I wake up, it's to a giant dog jumping on top of me. 

"Mmph. Down, Bell," I mumble sleepily. Bella settles herself on my stomach, snuffling and nosing at my ear. She licks my cheek, nuzzling me awake. 

"Okay, okay, fine." Bella licks me one more time, then jumps down. I slowly unwind my arms from Sirius' waist, getting up. Bella tugs on my pant leg, whining urgently. I chuckle and walk after her, upstairs and into Reg's room. Only then do I notice, Reg wasn't on the couch when I got up. 

"What's going on, girlie?" I ask. Bella trots over to the open window, pacing nervously. I look up and see black sneakers dangling from the roof.