Chapter #27

Jungkook and the cops were driving closely behind Somi on the highway as Mrs. Kim and Seolhyun hiss in anger.

"Can't you drive faster than this?!" Mrs. Kim yelled but Somi stayed calm like their appearance was nothing. Seolhyun then placed the gun at her head and gently yanked her hair.

"Drive faster than this before this bullet goes through your brain." Seolhyun threatened her as Somi decided to fasten the pace. Mrs. Kim told Somi to take the turn, but before she could do so, Jungkook drove to the side as Somi and Jungkook make eye contact.

Before Somi could press the brake, Mrs. Kim suddenly held onto the car wheel handle and tried to crash into Jungkook's. Jungkook quickly backed up before the car can crash into each other as Somi harshly pushed Mrs. Kim away. Seolhyun has had it as she scrolled the window down and pointed the gun at Jungkook.

Somi knew what Seolhyun was going to do so without thinking much, she decided to do the right thing. Somi turned her wheels to the right, making the car curve to the side. Both Jungkook and the cops stopped their cars as Somi's car drove off the highway and quickly crashed onto the ground.

Jungkook quickly got out of his car and ran to the curve only to see the car upside down. Jungkook was so worried about Somi, he straight away jumped off the highway and down onto the ground. He quickly ran to the car and towards Somi's side.

"Somi!" Jungkook yelled as he opened the car door and safely pulled her out. Somi was groaning in pain as Jungkook checked to see if she has any wounds.

"I'm okay." Somi softly said as Jungkook sighs. She has small wounds but not big ones. Not long after, the cops came driving to them as they surround the car. Jungkook continue to hold onto Somi as they let the cops do their jobs.

Out of nowhere, there was a loud gunshot as Somi screamed in flinch. One of the cops went down as Jungkook looked around to see who it was. There was Seolhyun holding onto the gun standing not to far from them.

"Seolhyun?!" Jungkook said with a confused tone as she scoffed.

"What? Are you not happy that I'm not dead like you expected me to be?!" Seolhyun yelled as she tried to stop her bleeding on her lower abdominal. Jungkook was breathing heavily as he looked at the car only to see Mrs. Kim lifeless. He then looked back at her with a disgusted look.

"So you let your mother to die and put yourself first?!" Jungkook asked as Seolhyun gave him an expressionless look.

"She was the one who told me to jump out of the car. My mother was willing to die in my spot, there's nothing I can do about it." Seolhyun said as she tightly held onto the gun.

The cops were now in their protective mode as they point their guns at her as Jungkook was now scared for her.

"Seolhyun. That's enough; you've done enough. The more you commit the crime, the more years you're going to be in prison." Jungkook try to convince her as she shook her head.

"I'm already ruined, so it doesn't matter if I go to jail for 10 or 20 years. But before I go to jail, I want to have some satisfaction." Seolhyun said as Jungkook shook his head.

The cops were trying to calm her down but she wasn't listening to anyone except the voice in her head.

"I love you, Jungkook and I let you ruin me. Now, it's my turn to ruin you." Seolhyun finally said as she pulls the trigger. But before the bullet could get to Jungkook, Somi pushed Jungkook away and took the bullet instead. Jungkook screamed in anger as he held onto Somi, while another gunshot was heard as Seolhyun took the bullet willingly.

The bullet hit Seolhyun's shoulder as she was laughing in satisfaction. The cops were cuffing her hands as she continues laughing to mock him. Jungkook angrily looks up at her.

"I knew she was going to take the bullet. Too bad it wasn't Haneul." Seolhyun said through her gritted teeth. The cops then took her away as one of them called an ambulance.

"Somi, stay with me. Okay." Jungkook softly said as Somi was starting to lose her consciousness. Jungkook was trying to stop the bleeding near her chest area close to her heart. While the ambulance was on their way, Jungkook tried to make Somi stay awake.

Jimin and Mrs. Kang was helping Haneul walk around as they were now looking at her son. Haneul was admiring him as Jimin gave her a smile.

"You really love him, do you?" Jimin asked as Haneul nodded her head.

"I didn't know that I would love him this much. You know, at first when I knew that I was pregnant I was thinking of either aborting him or giving him up for adoption but now I'm so glad that I didn't." Haneul said with a huge smile as Mrs. Kang and Jimin nodded at one another. While they were admiring her son, Jimin then received a call. Jimin then picked up as he listens to whatever the cops were going to say.

"What?!" Jimin yelled as Haneul and Mrs. Kang quickly looked at his way.

"Alright then. They're being sent here, right? Okay. Thank you so much." Jimin said as he hung up and turned to them.

"The cops just called and told me that Mrs. Kim passed away, Seolhyun was caught but is injured and Somi is being sent to the hospital." Jimin said as Haneul frowned in worry.

"What happened to Somi?" Haneul asked as Jimin sighs.

"Seolhyun was going to shoot Jungkook but Somi took the bullet instead and now she's being sent here to get operated." Jimin said as Haneul gets more worried.

"When is she going to get here?" Mrs. Kang asked as Jimin shook his head.

"I'm not sure either." Jimin said as Haneul and Mrs. Kang both sighs in frustration.

The three of them were waiting in Haneul's room when suddenly they heard chaos outside her room. Both Jimin and Mrs. Kang helped Haneul out of the bed and walked out of the room to where the chaos was coming from.

They then came upon an ER and saw Jungkook standing in front of the door with bloody hands and his shirt was stained with blood. Haneul's expression softens when she saw how frustrated he was as Jungkook continues to walk back and forth in front of the ER entrance.

Haneul gave Jimin and Mrs. Kang a nod as they let her be and let her walked to him. Jungkook was so worried about Somi and didn't notice Haneul walking to him. Just then his shoulder got less tense when he felt someone holding onto his hand.

He turned around only to come face to face with Haneul. No words were being said as tears starts to trekked down his cheeks. Haneul didn't hesitant as she brings him closer and hugged him tightly.

"She's going to be okay." Haneul calmly said as Jungkook tightly hugged her back and continue to cry on her shoulders.

To Be Continued

September 7, 2019