Chapter #16

Mrs. Kim was just chilling in the living room, sipping her tea, and looking through news articles through the internet. When she was about to open a news article, a hard door slam was heard to which made her flinch. She quickly placed her tablet on the coffee table and turned around only to see Seolhyun in a broken state. Mrs. Kim frowned and walked towards her.

"Seolhyun, what happened?"

Mrs. Kim asked as she tries to calm down Seolhyun, but no matter what she does Seolhyun will just continue to cry.

"Mom ... Jungkook asked me for a divorce."

Seolhyun shakingly said as Mrs. Kim's eyes widen.

"What?! What do you mean he wants a divorce?!"

Mrs. Kim angrily asked as she gently pulled Seolhyun a little closer. Seolhyun couldn't answer back as she clings onto her mother while Mrs. Kim comforted her by patting her back. Mrs. Kim didn't know what to do anymore as she sighs and continues to give Seolhyun the comfort that she needed.

After a few silence of Seolhyun crying and Mrs. Kim comforting her, they were now both in sitting on the couch as Mrs. Kim gave all of her attention to Seolhyun.

"What are you going to do next?"

Mrs. Kim asked as Seolhyun just sighs in response.

"You're not really going to let him go, are you sweetheart?"

Mrs. Kim asked once again; this time Seolhyun looks up at her.

"He said I make him miserable. How am I making him miserable? All I'm doing is to make sure that he's still staying by my side. I'm still his legal wife and I have every right to do whatever I did."

Seolhyun asked herself as Mrs. Kim caresses her hand.

"Maybe whatever that you're doing is too much for him. Maybe he just can't handle it anymore."

Mrs. Kim says making Seolhyun sighs in anger.

"Even if I don't want to divorce, his family is going to take this to the court and force me to divorce him. Even if I want to fight for him, he won't look at me the same way he did a few months ago. Ever since Haneul came into our lives, he's always having his eyes on her, so it's just a waste for me to try."

Seolhyun confronted as Mrs. Kim gave a small smile in comfort.

"Then maybe a divorcement is the better choice to make."

Mrs. Kim said as Seolhyun hit her fist onto the couch.

"I maybe divorcing Jungkook, but I won't lose to Haneul that easily. Once I divorce him, he won't have the right to stop me anymore."

Mrs. Kim frowned at her words.

"Seolhyun ... don't do anything stupid that will ruin you."

Seolhyun gave her mother a look as she lets out a sigh and walks away from the living room. Mrs. Kim stood up from the couch with a worried look as she holds onto her hands in anxious.

Jimin was cleaning his room when suddenly he felt someone behind him. When he turned around, he saw Haneul standing by the doorway as she walks into the room giving him the ultrasound photo. He smiles as he looks at it while they both sat down on the bed.

"What did the doctor say?"

Jimin asked as Haneul gave him a big smile.

"The doctor said that he's doing really good and he's healthy. I'm 31 weeks so far ... so I would say I'm 7 months."

Jimin smiles as he fully turned to her.

"So only two more months until I get to see his face."

Haneul nodded her head as Jimin continues to look at the ultrasound photo. The smile on Haneul's face didn't last long when she thought of Jungkook and Jimin noticed that. He then placed the photo down and held onto her hand.

"You need to stop worrying about him. Right now, all you need to worry about is you and the child."

Jimin said as Haneul slowly nodded her head. He then pulled her in for a hug as he tightens it, making the hug to feel warmer and loved.

"A person like him doesn't deserve to be thought of. If he really does need you and the child he would've come to get you by now. But it's been weeks since you moved out of that house. So ... stop thinking about him already."

Jimin broke the hug as he caresses her cheeks.

"Whenever you think about him, you always seem to stress and I don't want you to be stress, okay."

Haneul nodded her head as they both exchange smiles. As they both were looking at the ultrasound photo, Haneul's phone rang. She pulled out to see the caller id only to be stiffened by the name. Once Jimin saw the name, his whole body tensed up.

Haneul then looked up at Jimin as he did the same. They were both in their own thoughts when suddenly Jimin loosen up and gave her a soft stare.

"It's your choice to pick up his call."

Jimin said as Haneul pout in confusion. She wanted to pick up his call, but at the same time she was still angry at him about that incident.

⎻ 

To Be Continued

July 4, 2019

This may be the shortest and most boring chapter I've ever written.

 Anyways, Happy Fourth of July!!!