Chapter 8: Tatara

3rd Person P.O.V

Hylia woke up at 9:00 o'clock and was quite hungry, she walked downstairs and made her way to the kitchen. She made breakfast for herself, Anna and Mikoto, Kusanagi didn't arrive till 11 so she didn't worry about making extra. She went upstairs to Mikoto's room to wake up Anna and him. When she opened the door she saw the two cuddling in their sleep, she smiled at the sight in front of her. She woke up Anna first and told her breakfast was downstairs, she then moved on to wake up the lion in front of her. She nudged him with her foot trying to wake him up but it was no use. She then decided to use a more cruel method to wake him up, she filled a bucket with cold water. She went upstairs to wake up Mikoto, Anna seeing Hylia started to smile.

Hylia used to do this to Shu when they were younger, them memory made her smile for a second before pain hit her heart. She had loved Shu and she knew she wouldn't be able to get over him. Hylia hadn't been paying attention to her surroundings and dropped the bucket of water on herself. She screamed because of the cold feeling of the water, however her scream had woken up Mikoto who looked at her with wide eyes and then smirked at the sight of her. She looked like a wet dog and her clothes were completely soaked. "Well, well, well, karma's a bitch isn't it." "Fuck you." "Can't I'm sleepy." "Shut up, breakfast is downstairs, great now I have to change."

Hylia slammed the door to Mikoto's room as she went to change, after she left Mikoto started chuckling at what happened. Hylia went into her room to change and began rummaging through her bag looking for clothes. She found a sweater that once belonged to Shu, she forgot about it but it seems Subaru packed it for her. She smelled it and started crying on the floor remembering what he did to her. Mikoto was heading downstairs when he heard crying, he opened the door to Hylia's room and saw her sobbing on the floor holding a large sweater. He quickly went into the room to try and calm the poor girl down.

Hylia panicked when she felt someone's arms around her shoulders, she looked back to see Mikoto. She turned her body to face him before crying into his chest uncontrollably, while he played with her white hair. After a little while Hylia calmed down and told Mikoto she was fine "I told you Mikoto I'm fine now leave I have to get dressed." "Fine, but we're talking about this later." "Fine" Hylia closed the door and started getting undressed, and putting on her new clothes. She wore Shu's old sweater with jeans and ankle boots with her regular black purse.

 She wore Shu's old sweater with jeans and ankle boots with her regular black purse

She headed downstairs and sat next to Anna who was eating her breakfast. Hylia had made pancakes topped with powdered sugar and berries. For Mikoto she had made him a sandwich with bacon, dressing, tomatoes and romaine lettuce. They were both eating and when they were done Hylia took there plates and washed them. Mikoto laid on the couch and I was sitting on the couch across from him listening to music and sleeping. Soon after Kusanagi came in and so  did this blonde haired kid. Kusanagi greeted them good morning and they did the same, Hylia felt someone looking at her so she opened one eye. She was face to face with that blonde kid from before. "Hi, my names Tatara. Tatara Totsuka what's your name?" "Careful Tatara she's kind of like Mikoto but worse." Kusanagi let out a laugh at his own joke. Hylia glared at Kusanagi and that made him stop laughing before answering Tatara.

"The name's Hylia." "Nice to meet you Hylia." Hylia stared at the blonde in disbelief, how could this kid be that cheerful? She closed her eyes again and let sleep succumb her while listening to her music. While Hylia was asleep Tatara was asking about Hylia, "So what's her deal? She seems like a female version of Mikoto to say the least." Kusanagi chuckled at the blonde's remark. "She sure is, they're like a match made in hell. She ran away from home, her brother and her were talking about it. I told her she could rent a room upstairs and she would pay $400 rent a month." "$400 dollars? That's a little much don't you think Kusanagi?" "Hey she has money all right and I need to fix the damages Yata and Rikio cause to my beautiful bar table."

Tatara chuckled before looking at the Red King, he walked over and woke him up. The king grunted and sat up, he flicked Tatara on the head causing him to flinch and it left a little red mark on his forehead. "Quit waking me up. Do you have a death wish kid?" Tatara laughed before going to wake up Hylia. As he was walking towards her Kusanagi stopped him in his tracks. "Nope, nope Tatara if you value your life I suggest you think carefully before waking the demon that is Hylia." "Why? She can't be that'd bad." Kusanagi sweat dropped and Anna just shook her head at Tatara's idiocy. Tatara was known for being careless as he would often hang around Mikoto and get beaten up because of his closeness to the Red King. He was reckless and cheerful and even if Homra was violent and scary Tatara brought out the best in everybody.

Tatara headed to the couch where Hylia was resting and took the pillow out from under her head making her head hit the metal arm rest on the couch. Kusanagi and Mikoto winced at seeing Hylia's head hit the arm rest hard. She opened her eyes and it looked like she was about to murder someone. Tatara sweat dropped still holding the pillow he took from under her head, "You have 5 seconds before I kill you. You better start running." "It was an accident I swear." "5....4......3" Tatara was already out the door and kept on running afraid to look over his shoulder. After he left Hylia stopped counting and chuckled, she had no intention of chasing after him. She just wanted him gone so she could sleep in peace, it would be hours later before he realized she didn't follow him. "You really are mischievous Hylia." Hylia looked at Izumo and smirked. Mikoto chuckled a little at the sight before him. Hylia went upstairs and was thinking about how her brothers would do the same things and she had a sad smile on her face remembering life before her moms death. She entered Mikoto's room without knowing and fell asleep in his bed. Mikoto decided he was uncomfortable with the couch and decided to move to his room. Anna stayed downstairs with Izumo as he went to his room, as he opened the door he saw the white haired girl sleeping on his bed. He laid on his bed next to the girl and wrapped his arms around her waist burying his face in her neck.He smelled her sweet scent of strawberries on her but he also smelled another scent on her. It was the smell of a man's cologne and he wondered about why she was crying earlier. She said she ran away from home but he didn't know the exact reason. He knew she had her brother so that couldn't be the reason, it was another man that made her leave and he kept thinking about more. After a while her fell into a deep sleep. He decided to talk to her tomorrow about it.