Chapter 20 :- (Rise and Shine)

Start from the beginning

Moltres was stunned for a second by the dust produced while using Dig and surprised to find the Steel Snake missing. And this was the tiny moment that was needed for Brock to launch a sneak attack on the Fire Phoenix.

"Steelix, use Flash Cannon, " yelled Brock catching Moltres by surprise.

It's eyes widened in shock on hearing his command. Just as it was about to turn it's head back, a blinding white beam of light struck it from behind and hit the target dead-on as an explosion covered the battlefield.

When the dust finally settled, Steelix was standing triumphantly on the ground while Moltres was panting and visibly exhausted.

"Now I can finally immobilize you, Steelix use Rock Tomb, " yelled Brock.

A huge pile of rocks fell out of the sky onto the defenseless bird who was too tired to resist the attack.

Brock just walked casually towards the Phoenix as he took out a pocket knife.

He had cut off a considerable piece of his right-wing and put it in the backpack as he made his way away from the place leaving the bird to its own fate.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"You see Sir Aaron, just like Moltres, all the other legendary birds and Lugia were attacked within a span of few days in remote locations and a part of their wings were confiscated. I heard that they were very powerful gym leaders and Lord Arceus sent me here to know the status of training of Young Lord Ash, " said Darkrai while the face of Sir Aaron changed colors on hearing the mythical's words.

"So they made a move finally I see. No problem Darkrai, inform Arceus that Ash Ketchum is progressing fairly well and can complete his training within the given time and as for the legendaries, let the criminals do what they want and we will ultimately stop them. Now if that's all Darkrai, I have to leave now. Farewell old friend, " said Sir Aaron as he turned back and started walking away.

Meanwhile, Ash was waiting patiently for his master to show up who hadn't been in the vicinity for around half an hour. In the meantime, he focussed on getting the technique spot on.

He had been facing numerous problems while practicing it. The number of aura waves emitting from his body were far less compared to that of his master's but he knew that lack of practice was the reason behind it.

Ash closed his eyes yet again to try the technique for one last time. He was already in his aura mode surrounded by a sparkling blue cloak of aura as he slowly focussed on emitting aura waves from his body. He could faintly sense the waves leaving his body and spreading throughout the entire area.

Just as he was about to give up since he couldn't find anything, he sensed a faint dark aura connecting with his aura wave and a noble aura beside it. He immediately recognized the aura which belonged to his master and ran to the direction in which he sensed it.

"Looks like Ash had finally learned to use the technique properly it seems. I'll take leave Sir Aaron, " said Darkrai as he slowly disappeared into the ground.

Sit Aaron sighed in discontent at the pace in which this we're going. He needed Ash to master all the techniques as soon as possible to defeat the impossible odds but also knew that he could trust the raven-haired trainer. Misty and Brock were some great trainers but taking on 4 legendary pokemon and actually injuring them was quite a mammoth task.

Going at the present rate, Ash could possibly achieve it considering off two techniques within two weeks as a newbie.

Bham

"Looks like someone is in deep thought, " said a tone mockingly as Sir Aaron recognized the voice immediately.

"How did the training go Ash, " asked Sir Aaron looking at his pupil.

"How do you think I figured out where you went? I successfully used the technique but I think the emitting of aura waves need some training, " said Ash looking down feeling sad.

"Nothing to be gloomy about Ash. It might take a weeks practice to finally nail it but you can do it, " said Sir Aaron while placing his hand on the top of Ash's head and latter gently.

"Ok then, it's settled. I'll master this technique and all the techniques that you'll throw in my way, " yelled Ash with determination as he showed off his signature fist bump.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Back in Unova

"Move your ass you dumb fool, " yelled Paul angrily at Gary.

"You don't need to be snobby, you purple-haired freak, " yelled Gary with equal intensity towards Paul.

"Say, Gary, how did you get the money for the ticket?" asked Paul to which Gary flashed a smug grin.

"You can say that having a grandfather who is known worldwide has its perks and I being a researcher myself helps the cause. What about you?" asked Gary to which Paul flashed a smile.

"Well, you do have quite a handsome sum of money if you are a known battler throughout the region, " said Paul to which Gary rolled into laughter causing Paul to get angry.

"I bet you are not that's strong Paul, I can take you on if I wanted to, " said Gary to which Paul rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, in your dreams, ".

Attention dear passengers, Flight no. 264 from Veilstone City to Nimbasa City is on the runway. Passengers, please proceed to the boarding point.

So the two youngsters set out to Nimbasa City in the hope of finding a new friend to join their gang.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:-

This sums up the latest chapter of the story.

I hope you liked it.

Please do vote and comment if you liked it.

That's it for this week.

Signing off
RahulKalosChamp