Chapter 12

Sorry for the wait, but school started up again and it's been... hell. Anyways, thank you for the votes and the reads and the comments. I really do appreciate it.

TRIGGER WARNING: SEXUAL ASSAULT, VIOLENCE

Please take care of yourself and don't read anything that may trigger or upset you.

-Clee

Chapter 12

By 2am, I was feeling completely fine again, and completely embarrassed. I tried to shuffle away from Caleb in the booth, just to put some space between us, but he stretched his arm back over my shoulders and pulled me into him again. I pushed against him, to indicate that I didn't want to be touched, but he wasn't getting the message.

"Caleb," I whined.

"Hush." He responded.

"I want to go home." I whispered.

"In a bit." He snapped, and then returned to his conversation.

"I'm going, but you should stay here and have fun." I tried to reason with him. He huffed out in annoyance and turned all his attention to me.

"Sit and be quiet."

"You're being a jerk." I said with a wavering voice. I was terrified of standing up to him, but I made a promise to myself to be more assertive. Plus, I felt a little safer with a lot of people around. I also made a point of making eye contact with him, to show I was serious. But as soon as his eyes met mine, I chickened out and looked away.

"What?"

"Nothing." I put in quickly, instantly going back on my decision.

"No please tell me, why am I being a jerk?"

"I'm so tired, please can I just go?" I asked softly.

"Why can't you wait?"

"Ok I'm sorry." I looked away. The familiar burning in my eyes returned. I was really tired, and the night had kind of been a whirlwind, so I wasn't surprised that I was feeling sensitive and emotional. But I was afraid how much it would hurt if I cried, so I quickly patted away the water building up in my eyes, so they wouldn't have a chance to turn into tears.

I hated being there.

I needed to go.

But I didn't want to make him mad or anything, because things had been good between me and Caleb lately. And in case we run into each other more, I didn't want to ruin that.

"Hey I have to use the bathroom." I whispered to him. He ignored me, I knew that he had heard me, but he was in the middle of a conversation so he ignored me. I waited until there was a pause, and then I repeated myself.

He looked down slowly.

"Alright." He didn't seem pleased, but he released me from under his muscular arm.

I scrambled out of there as fast as I could.

I didn't have time to make sure I had all my stuff with me, I just booked it out of that bar and into the cold London air.

How should I get back?

Taxi?

Yeah, I guess that was my only way home. I walked down the block a little, to the corner so I could hit two streets at once, in case a cab drove by. I stood there and waited, and I waited. But no cab came by.

So I walked down the next block and decided to give that corner a try. I spent five minutes there too, and no luck.

It was freezing and I hadn't brought a jacket. I had thought it would be too much of a burden to remember at a party, but I was regretting that decision.