Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I called out sick the next day.

After that whole ordeal, I needed a day to be with myself. I took seven showers, screamed and punched pillows more times than I'd care to admit, watched way too much reality TV, and ate a whole carton of ice cream.

But I could still feel his hands on me.

It took two weeks for the nightmares to stop. And it took a month before I dared to go on the motorway again. I still didn't speed. Not even a little.

I wanted so badly to report the incident. Two days after it had happened, I managed to get some contact numbers in case I decided to man up and say something. I got the number of the Chief of Police of London on a sticky note, which was displayed on my refrigerator, just in case. I didn't know if I'd actually call the Chief, because Officer Scott did have my immigration status to hold against me, but there had to be some way to report him.

He... he violated me.

He touched me without my permission.

That's a serious offense.

It was so fucked up that if I reported a sexual assault, I'd be the one to get in trouble and be deported. I bet that Officer Scott would just walk away with a slap on the wrist. What a shitty situation. Part of me was furious about how it had worked out, but the other part was afraid.

Afraid that it would happen again.

But I couldn't stop my life because of the one incident. So I had to push aside the disgusting feeling inside of me, the paranoia every time I left the house, and the fear of the badge and get over it.

It was like eleven at night, and I was finally heading home. I had gone out for drinks my coworker Sophia, but I was extra careful. I only had a coke. I made sure of it. I also only took back roads on my way home. There was less of a chance of speeding on back roads, and also less of a chance of running into a cop. And even though there was no one around to see me, I still pulled over on the side of the road when my phone rang, just in case. I checked the caller I.D, but quickly declined the call.

It was my mother.

Like hell I'd be answering that.

I'd rather have another run-in with Officer Scott than speak to my mother again.

It looked like the universe had it out for me that day. No sooner did I think those words did a cop car pull to the side of the road behind me. I felt my whole body tremble at the memory of my last time with a police officer. It couldn't be the same one though. What were the chances of that? Right?

With that reassuring thought, I stepped out of the car. Apparently that was common etiquette in England. Back in the states, you would never leave your car unless asked by the cops. I rested against my driver's door as I waited for an officer to approach me.

I hadn't done anything wrong.

There was no reason to worry.

They were probably just checking to make sure I was alright.

In the dark, I couldn't see who stepped out of the police car, but I heard the door slam and I heard feet shuffling towards me. I looked up again when the officer was close enough, and I almost ran for it.

Officer Scott.

I stiffened and immediately gripped the edge of my car, as if holding on to it would keep me safe. Thank the fucking lord I had worn pants that day. I braced myself as he approached me; that stupid smirk already on his lips.