Chapter 24

This is the chapter! You're probably thinking,"Finally!!!!" Well anyways, here it goes. Hope you enjoy it.
Hawkeye's POV
"Hey Hawk!" Shaking woke me up from my sleep. "Hawk!" The voice yelled louder.
"Wha...aa?" I mumbled. My throat was very soar from something. Don't tell me I have strep throat again! I got up covered in sweat.
"You were screaming," BJ said he sat back down on his cot.
"I was?" I asked sleepily. I wiped the sleep out of eye and noticed the blood. My hands were caked in dried blood. How drunk was I last night? What happened?
"Do you remember what happened last night?" BJ asked slowly. I thought for a moment and it was coming back to me very slowly. There... Right there. A feeling came creeping across my mind that seems so familiar, but as soon as I start to figure where I felt this... It went. Then as soon as it left, the memories of last night hit me like Father Mulcahy punched me square in the head. Then my stomach seemed to have dropped square down to my socks. I haven't felt this way since Col Blake's...
"Rachel." I muttered. I remember walking out of the Officer's Club and then I saw my father. Wanting to punch him and thinking of Rachel. I must've mixed up my thoughts. "Beej? What did I do?" I asked pleadingly. "What is this? Because I really hope this is from surgery." I showed him my bloody hands. BJ's face went from soft to a hard look fast.
"You... Well..." Just then Charles walked in. "Oh Charles! Maybe you can explain what happened last night."
"Wha what?" Charles looked nervous and looked from me to BJ. He gave pleading looks to BJ who didn't seem to care. Charles sat down next to me on my cot and said,"Well you see Pierce..." He didn't look anywhere near ready to say anything else. I got up from my cot and walked out the door. I ran to Rachel's tent to see if she was alright. Radar stopped me midway to the door.
"What Radar?" I demanded. He looked ready to cry.
"Sir, she's..." He cleared his throat. "The Col would like to see you."
"Why isn't anybody telling me what happened?" I yelled. "I want to know why my hands are like this? Don't you guys understand?" 
Radar looked at me weirdly. "You really don't remember sir?"
"Do I... I can't believe this," I said with disbelief. "Just take me to the Col."
...............................................................................................................................................
"Pierce, you better sit down for this," Col Potter said. Besides the Col, Margaret and radar were in the room too.
"Are you alright? Do you need water. Oh look at your hands." Margaret pestered.
"Margaret will you please leave me alone? I'm fine! Can you guys stop babying me and please tell me what's going on!!" I yelled. "What is it that nobody's telling me?" My voice cracked from yelling to much.
"He doesn't remember a thing sir from last night... sir," Radar spoke softly from the back corner. Col Potter acknowledged that and sighed.
"Pierce, last night was just from you being drunk." Col Potter started.
"Don't think it was your fault Hawkeye!" Margaret butted in. I stared at her.
"Excuse me Margaret, but I practiced this as a solo if you don't mind... CLAM UP!!!!" Col Potter yelled.
"Sorry sir," Margaret said.
"Thank you. Now Hawkeye, Rachel is in Post Op because of what happened. Last night you punched her till she was unconscious. Right now she's resting comfortably." Col Potter said slowly. I tried to swallow, but no saliva came. My mouth went completely dry and my stomach dropped to the floor again. My heart pounded loudly in my ears.
"Son? You alright?" Col. Potter asked, but I barely heard him. My heart was pounding so loud in my ears. 
"Pierce!" I heard Margaret yell. I don't know where I was walking, but it was somewhere. I ran over, found a jeep and stole it. Tears ran down my face as I kept driving onwards. The wind from the drive made my face cold. Why did I do that? I'm an idiot. She's never going to forgive me. It's over. I've lost Jooonim and now I've lost Rachel too. I could've killed her. I stopped the jeep at a big tree and ran over. Anger, stress, depression just came out at once. I screamed and punched the tree till my hands bled.

"Why did I do that!!!  Why! Why! You idiot, you psycho. Look what the army has done to you!" 
I sighed heavily when I was done. All the energy left me and I slid down the tree sobbing. Held from the guilt and the other from the pain.
As soon as I got myself together again I got up and had to puke from the hangover. I felt so dizzy. I sat down again by the tree and stared at my hands. The blood has long been dried. Even if I peel it off and wash my hands a hundred times, it will never wash away. It will always be there.
After an hour of sitting there a sniper started shooting at me signaling my time to go.
"Okay okay I'll go already," I mumbled and ran to the jeep. "No need to yell."
Rachel's POV
There was so much commotion in Post Op that I woke up from anesthesia. The area around my cot was covered so the other soldiers wouldn't bother me. My head still hurt from last night, but of course these cuts will heal soon. Plus I have a minor concussion. What was up with Hawkeye last night? I don't know whether to forgive him or not...
"Where the hell is he?"Margaret yelled. "Oh sorry father."
"That's quite alright Major. Who may I ask are you looking for?" Father Mulcahy asked.
"Pierce! I'm looking for Pierce!! He ran out of Col Potter's office and now I can't find him anywhere. I mean he was so odd this morning and... Well I'm afraid he might do something bad... Again." Margaret yelled.
"Margaret he isn't in the latrine," BJ said.
"Nor is he in the Officers Club," Charles said.
"He isn't in the storage room," Radar said. Margaret looked ready to cry. BJ walked up to her and put his arm around her. "We will find him Margaret. Just give it some time."
Col Potter walked in and looked all business. "Well I called the MP'S and they said they will keep an eye out for him. I guess all we can do is wait. I'm sure he will come back."
Everybody dispersed except Radar. He just stood there thinking. Then he looked up at me. When he saw me looking at him, he immediately looked away. I remembered what I screamed at him last night and turned away. I really didn't mean those, but of course I don't think he would believe me.
"Hey Rachel?" I turned to see Radar. "I'm sorry for what I did last night an I didn't mean it, but I understand if you're still mad at me."
"I'm not mad at you Radar!" I said." I never was."
"Okay well then I guess. Thanks for putting it in the best way poss... Wait you're not mad at me?" he asked shocked.
"No Radar!" I said. "Use your ESP or something to tell if I am telling the truth." 
"Oh well in that case can we talk now?" Radar asked.
"Sure pull up a chair!"
Hawkeye's POV
I walked past the SWAMP and ran straight for Post Op. I need to get this straightened out before I kill myself. A lot of kids depend on me out there. I ran into Radar's office and was stopped by BJ, Margaret, Charles, Father Mulcahy, and Col Potter.
"Oh heavens, Hawkeye. Are you alright?" Father Mulchahy said

"Where the hell have you been?" Col Potter yelled. "Do you know you could have gotten yourself killed!"
"And how many people worried?" Margaret added.
"You missed me that much Margaret?" I asked.
"Practically cried for you," Charles said.
"What happened to your knuckles?" BJ asked.
"Oh nothing, a tree decided to fight so I pulled my fists up and saved myself." I joked. "Is Rachel up? I wanna talk to her."
"Do you really think that is necessary?" Margaret asked worriedly.
"Yes Margaret. It is. Because... You just wouldn't understand." I said and pushed through everybody. I opened the doors to Post Op and walked in. I heard everybody follow behind me and ignored them. Radar was already sitting next to her. He saw me and walked over to where everybody else was. I sat down in the chair Radar was sitting in and saw that Rachel was looking away. Just looking at her bandaged up made tears try to force out.
"Rachel, I'm really sorry. I know there may never be any room for forgiveness..." Tears started to run down my face again. "But I want you to know that I'm very sorry and I really mean it." Rachel looked at me and her face was all battered up and her eyes softened.
"Hawkeye, there is always room for forgiveness." She said. Her eyes went down to my hands. I was so tied up in my mind I forgot to bandage them up.
"What happened?" Rachel asked.
"Well I had a fight with a tree," I said. She laughed, but then winced in pain.

"Don't laugh to much, you will only make it worst." I said. I moved on to her cot and helped her upright. As soon as I let go she grabbed me back into a hug. She started sobbing into my shirt and I cried softly into hers.
"Please don't ever let go or leave me again," She sobbed. I could hear Margaret sigh and sob a bit too.
"I won't. I promise!"

OMG!!! That was my last chapter of my first book!!!! I hope you enjoyed it! And I hope I actually got someone to try and watch this show!!! It is a great show even though it is very old! Thank you V-Vourtney, whyreadatall, and Nicky_Itami03 for getting me to write this and thanks to all my readers who encouraged me to write more! You guys are awesome! Don't forget to check out a group wattpad my friends and I made! It's VeyMatt_03 so check it out! We will be posting on it very soon! ;) ~Reyna