chapter 4

RACHEL'S POV

I walked over to go see the strange doctor. He had hazel green eyes and they focused on me for a second then looked back down at the patient. They seemed familiar.

"Step right up! Come one, come all. Well there young lady what's your name?" Hawkeye said joyously.

"Rachel and you good sir?" I said.

"BF Pierce, but everybody just calls me Hawkeye." He said. " That's what my father calls me." he continued.

"From the Last of the Mohicans." I muttered, but I guess not quiet as I thought.

"Yeah that's right. How did you know that?" Hawkeye asked curiously. I thought of something quick so I didn't sound creepy.

"Well I read that book and that name was in it so I kind of guessed." I said quickly.

"Scalpel, so Rachel huh?" Hawkeye asked. "I knew someone named Rachel, Cat gut." Hawkeye said. That's all he said for most of the session like he was lost in thought. He wasn't the only one because I couldn't shake the off the feeling that he was familiar.

Later on everybody in OR started realizing how quiet Hawkeye had gotten. Colonel Potter, an old man who has a cheery voice that makes him sound like a father, said,"Hawkeye are you alright?"

He turned to look at Col. Potter and said," Oh yeah. I thought that you guys wanted some quiet so I stopped talking."

"It would seem our talkative little friend here has finally shut his trap!" Charles said happily.

"Shut up Charles!" BJ said.

"Okay this one's done." Hawkeye said.

"Thank you Rachel, you did wonderful." he said and started walking away. "Excuse me ladies and germs I am going to get some sleep."

"We are done here, so if you would like to turn in than go ahead. Radar will show you to your quarters." Colonel Potter said.

"Thank you." I smiled and went with Radar.