#chap62 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

The very next day, she booked an appointment with her gynaec and visited her, alongwith her mom. Minal aunty had been their trusted gynaec since years. She did some preliminary checking and a basic sonography as a routine check up. Shruti felt awkward about it all and was somehow having this eerie feeling. What the doctor said next left her feeling anxious.

To be continued….

Dr Minal began in a somber tone, “Shruti, there are multiple things that you need to be aware of. But take it from me, that there is nothing to worry.”
The statement itself sent Shruti in a state of worry. She could make out there was something wrong, and braced herself. She looked at her mom, who was also having lines of worry on her forehead.

Dr. Minal began, “First of all, Shruti’s menstrual cycle has been affected, most probably because of her recent weight loss. Generally, when a lot of weight loss happens in a very short period of time, the regularity of the cycle does get affected. However, that will get sorted. Its visible in the sonography that you may get your chums anytime soon. However, the other major factor you need to know about is PCOS, which means Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. There are multiple symptoms of having PCOS, though we generally tend to neglect them. However, it does hinder in the process of fertility as well. Having said that, this doesn’t imply that you will face problems as well. The most common issue is irregular periods, which over the years you haven’t faced. It is more or less regular otherwise there are females who don’t get chums uptil 3-4 months, which is when this issue comes into light. As such, I wouldn’t put you on medication for the same straightaway as it has its own side effects, and belonging to the old school, I wouldn’t recommend you to get into medication unnecessarily. You can try for a couple of months by the natural method. Still, if you face problems in conceiving, we can think about a treatment.”

Shruti felt broken. She was on the verge of crying, as she had somehow started visualising about the little bundle that they had been dreaming about. Jyotiji was also a bit shaken… however, she quickly gained composure for her daughter’s sake and looked pleadingly at Dr. Minal. The latter immediately added, “Hey Shruti! There is nothing to worry about. As I said, there is nothing impossible in the medical field and your symptoms aren’t very bad. We see miracles happening everyday. I have innumerable patients with PCOS. And there are considerable cases, where the female was able to conceive without undergoing any treatment. So please don’t be disheartened and be positive.”

Shruti hadn’t uttered a single word… she wasn’t in a position to. What would she tell Atharva? He had called and messaged so many times regarding her appointment. She had seen his eyes go all soft and dreamy at the mere mention of the baby. For no fault of his, he would have to face this situation.

Throughout the way, she was in her own world and wasn’t ready to listen to her mom or answer Atharva. The tears just didn’t stop. As soon as they reached home, Jyotiji called out, “Shruti! Wait a minute.” Her tone was authoritative enough to stop Shruti in her tracks, who was about to bang the door shut. She reluctantly came and sat beside her mom, who asked her to have water first.

Shruti had been crying nonstop and her eyes were already red and puffy. Her mom took her hand in hers and very lovingly explained, “Beta, this is just the beginning. It is not the end of the world. It is not a big problem that you cant overcome. You will unnecessarily put Atharva in tension for no reason at all. Didn’t you hear what Minal said? Well, let me tell you about my own experience. Do you know? My own Fallopian tube was blocked and back then, the medical science was not this advanced. One of the doctors had openly declared that I wont be able to conceive at all. So, it was a shock and a pleasant surprise that I actually got pregnant without any medication or treatment. Strange things can happen beta, and we are nobody to judge or question HIS decisions. So keep faith and don’t panic.”