#chapter1 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika

***Flashback***

Shruti was always a very happy go lucky girl...  very outspoken, lively, helpful to others, ready to put her heart and soul for those whom she loved. She was blessed with a very loving family. She was fortunate to have an elder sister Nainaa and a younger brother Rohan, sharing an amazing bond with both. Her parents had always been very caring, never differentiating between the three. Shruti's father, Mr. Anil Verma was a very affluent businessman in Nashik and very ethical by nature. He was more of a friend to his kids than a father. And the mother, Mrs. Jyoti, as always is the case with moms, had to be a lil strict to keep the kids in control as her husband could never dream of raising his voice on the kids. But nonetheless, she was the pillar of the house. They did a wonderful job of upbringing their kids, always keeping a balance in the luxuries and keeping them grounded. Still, each child is different and so were the nature and liking of all 3 kids.

Shruti was a complete day dreamer. Imagining that all is rosy in the world. Only good can happen to her. And she had this lucky charm that used to work for her most of the time. Got good grades in the school in spite of putting in very lil efforts, had beautiful handwriting and was much applauded for it too. She had a melodious voice and was often asked to sing. She just loved music.

Shruti was just crazy about mills n boons. Imagining all the while that one fine day, her prince in shining armour would come riding on a white horse and take her away. She'll be happily married with no worries in her life. A lot of girls grow up with such dreams, don't they?

Most of the relatives were fond of Shruti coz of her happy disposition. Of course, she had her flaws too, taking things for granted that everything will always work in her favour. She used to be extremely picky about her clothes, rejecting most of them and giving a hard time to whoever used to accompany her for her shopping sprees. Cooking skills for her was only limited to making Maggi and tea for mama. Nainaa was quite good in that aspect. Shruti was a fair girl with an average Indian height and reasonable features. Not very pretty or drop dead gorgeous but her happy face used to make for it. Whereas Nainaa was blessed with beauty and a slim figure. She was in a medical college and as soon as she completed studies, she got a wonderful offer from a distant relative asking for her hand in marriage. Just imagine the joy and sweet pain of the parents; when realization strikes that the bud that they had so carefully and painstakingly nurtured, has blossomed now and they will have to part away with her. The following months passed in a frenzy in the preparations for the wedding. Shruti and Rohan were very active of course and super excited. They shared a lovely relationship with the new member of the family Abhinav too. In a couple of months, Nainaa got married happily.

During the marriage, there were a couple of offers for Shruti but her dad was not too happy with them. So finally, her parents decided to put up her name with a matrimonial in Mumbai as most of their family and relatives were in Mumbai.
Here too, a lot of names were given but more than half of them were unthinkable due to some reason or the other.

Then one fine day, Mr Verma was busy in his office while Shruti dropped in as she was passing through the area.
His mobile buzzed. The number he saw on his mob was not familiar. He picked up the call and said, “Hello?”
At the other end, “Hello, am I talking to Mr. Anil Verma?” He replied, “Yes, who's this?”

To be continued....