#chap19 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Shruti snapped, “Kya jiju… Rohan is more than enough to speak utter nonsense about me… you please don’t join him.”
He continued, “I am so sure you must have started dreaming about your outfit for the occasion rather than anything else. You are most welcome to come here and shop with your sister. That way, she will also not breathe down my neck.”

Just then her mom called her…

To be continued….

“Sure jiju.. thanks for the offer. Would love to come to Mumbai. Anyways, it is much more fun shopping there as compared to Nashik.” Her mom called her again. “Ok.. will talk to Nainaa later, mumma has been calling me… bye.” And they disconnected.

Rohan and her mom were discussing about the ceremony dates when Shruti entered. “Beta… we were discussing about the gud dhana ceremony and all. Nainaa suggested that you come to her place and shop for the outfit with her.”
Shruti nodded, “Yes, jiju also told me the same…”
Shruti, though was excited to meet her sister, thought of the implication. She would get to meet Atharva also that way. She thought of a plan, and decided to give it a try and implement it.

She was trying to rack her brains, when she remembered something. Yes! She can do that… and waited impatiently to know as to when does she have to go Mumbai.
The Vermas were a bit apprehensive as usually the gud dhana ceremony is performed within a couple of days itself once the families decide on matrimony. But Mr Shah had specifically requested it to be done a fortnight later, as they refrain from doing anything auspicious in the Hindu month of Chaitra. So, the date was finalised as 30th April to be precise, as it was an auspicious day for Hindus… Akshay Trutiya. There was rejoicing in both the families as their parents started calling up and informing all the relatives. Both Atharva and Shruti were flooded with messages, congratulating them. They were basking in the glory of their new found love for each other, with an unexplainable glow on their faces.

Atharva had also messaged Shruti for the same, thinking that she might again start pondering over the delay of the ceremony.

By dinner time, the atmosphere of both the families was completely opposite compared to the previous day. Lots of planning, laughing, teasing, discussions were going on. Shruti was not able to focus on anything, thanks to the message she had received a while back. 
It read, ‘Hi.. have come back home. Will have dinner and call you in a while.’
She had replied, ‘Yup… waiting.’
After that, she kept on checking her mobile every now and then, which didn’t go unnoticed by Rohan.
He faked, “Oh damn! My battery is down. Shru… please lend me your phone… need to make a call.”
Shruti immediately denied, “No no… I can’t. Put your phone in charging and talk after 10 mins.”
He quipped, “Oh but why can’t you give your phone for sometime? What is so important?”

She realised that he was trying to goad her and fibbed, trying to think of an excuse, “Nothing, its just that Priyanka was going to call me. And anyways, why do you have to be so impatient? I am not gonna share.” Just when her mother asked her to take some more serving of her favourite khaari bhaat, she received a text, ‘Hey! Done with dinner?’ and she instantly refused her mom, “No mumma… am done.”
Her mother was quite surprised, “What?! No second serving of khaari bhaat?! Never happened before.”
Rohan intervened, “Get used to it mumma… times are changing,” and burst into laughter.
Shruti shrieked, “Rohhhhannn!!!”
Mom responded, “Uff!”
Shruti reluctantly had a small serving, replying to the text, ‘Just 2 mins ppppllleasee.’ She hurriedly finished her meal and amidst much teasing, went to her room.

Shruti quickly dialled the number. Atharva picked up in the second ring itself, went in the room and sat on the swing. Shruti said, “Hi… sorry to keep you waiting.”
He replied, “No no.. it’s perfectly okay. I was just sitting with Minish and Shankar.”
She questioned, “Hmm... is everyone happy?”
He answered, “Do you still have doubts? Of course everyone is super excited. During the entire day they were pulling my leg and lots of planning of ceremonies of course. How to organise.. where… etc etc.”
She smiled, “Same here. It’s all like a dream na… till yesterday everything was uncertain... and today as if the house is bustling with activity and celebrations.”
He murmured, “Hmmm…”
She continued, “Atharva… whenever I come to Mumbai next, you need to meet up jiju and Nainaa.”
He agreed, “Ya sure… aur exam deni baaki hai kya? By the way, that reminds me. Do call up at home tomorrow. Bhabhi wanted to talk to you.”
She replied, “Okay… let me kn…”

Just then, Atharva said, “Hold on… Isha has come.” He called her near and asked Isha to say Hi on the phone. Minish came after her and said loudly, “Isha… say hi to chachi.”
Atharva had a broad smile on his face, Minish was laughing, lil baby was clueless, and Shruti was dumbstruck, unable to digest that word ‘chachi’, although she loved it.
Isha didn’t speak up and ran outside. Minish also went after her, giving his brother privacy.
She exclaimed, “Oh yes! How’s she?”
He smiled, “She is doing good… waiting for someone…”
She queried, “As in? Samjhi nahi…”
He said cheekily, “Well, she would love to play with her ‘chachi’.”
He said the word, and sat grinning like a fool.

Shruti fell silent and was feeling quite bashful, not knowing how to respond.
Atharva poked fun at her. “The Shruti that I have come to know is rarely tongue tied.”
She defended herself, “Ya ya… but it’s a different feeling altogether and I didn’t know how to react, ‘chachu’.” She said, stressing on the word.
He chuckled and said, “Achha listen. Any plans of coming to Mumbai?”
She was itching to tell him, but faked, “Nooo.. not really…”
He returned, in a disheartened tone, “Hmmm.. I thought you were… since you mentioned meeting up with your sister and all... so asked.”

She bit her tongue and bluffed, “Ohh.. I just mentioned generally that
whenever I do, we will plan to meet up.”
He inquired, “Well, yes.. provided you spend some time with me as well.”
She understood, but tried to pretend, “Haa… all 3 of us will be spending time with you only na.”
He got irritated and said, “Ya ya… I meant only you and me…”
She was blushing and just mumbled, “Hmmm… will see.”
He blurted, “What! Don’t you want to meet me?!”

She wanted to say desperately that she is dying to, but didn’t want to reveal and so replied, “Yes of course, but let’s see if it’s possible or not…”
He said in a very firm tone to her, “I don’t care. Now we don’t need permission and all… so please… meet me.”
She was quite surprised about him requesting her and almost melted, but then again strengthened her resolution. She just wanted to see those expressions of being stupefied on his face.

She answered, “Yes definitely I will try my best.”
He was a little bit disappointed because of her lack of willingness, but didn’t convey, feeling it’s too early to expect things spontaneously. But still, it would have been great if… he simply shrugged and tried to change the topic. “So… what’s up? You must have started planning about shopping and all, isn’t it?”
She was taken aback to hear him say that and asked, “How did you guess?!”

He commented, “Well, you did fashion designing. So it’s obvious that you must be crazy about clothes…”
She replied sheepishly, “Ya… actually to tell you the truth, that is usually the first thing that comes to my mind whenever I have to go anywhere.”
He chuckled, “See? I guessed it right. I would love to see you on our special day… Just waiting for the days to pass quickly.” His voice had gone all husky.
Shruti went crimson, and replied meekly, “Me too.”

Shruti suddenly gasped, “Oh gosh! What time is it?”
Atharva checked his watch and said, “It’s 11.40 p.m.”
She heaved a sigh of relief, “Thank God! I thought I missed wishing her.”
He quizzed, “Wish whom?”
She replied happily, “Arey its Vish’s birthday tomorrow.”
He found the name odd and questioned, “Wish?”
She giggled and corrected him, “No...not that wish… this is V I S H… As such her actual name is Vaishali… but usne apna naamkaran kar liya… as such, even I prefer Vish.. suits her well.”
She continued, “Well, some people make an impact on you … even though we haven’t been associated for too long, I know that ours would be a friendship for a lifetime, touchwood … She is a sweetheart and one of the most selfless person ever.”
He said, “Seems to be a good friend of yours… Do wish her birthday greetings on my behalf.”
She replied, “Yup sure… chalo. Let me call her. Will talk to you tomorrow. Bye…”
He smiled and said, “Bye…”.

They both disconnected. Atharva kept pondering as to when was the last time he had ever talked at such length with anyone. Seriously, this girl had some capacity to talk! He kept thinking about her, and still recollecting, changed and slept.

To be continued…

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER: All content posted is original work of the author and no part of the content can be copied, reproduced or posted in parts or whole on any other social media platforms, websites, publications or published in form of a hard copy without the prior consent of the Author.

©2019. Sagas_by_Irvika. All rights reserved.