#valentinespecial #chap49 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Readers,  had written this chapter after a long break on Valentine's Day and then continued the story fwd.  So if u find something amiss as compared to previous chapter,  please consider it as a goof up.  Have continued the story from here. 
Also, the chapters would be considerably long.
Thnx,
Irvika.

Shruti was excited to meet Atharva after so long. Post Diwali, they had been so busy that it had been impossible to spare even a day. Atharva had been equally impatient to meet her. It was like an oasis in the desert for him, away from all the worries, finding solace in her company. She had worked herself in a frenzy so as to be able to give the final touches to her trousseau. Gosh! She couldn’t believe it! It was already December end…

They had shared their dreams over the calls that continued well into the night. Atharva though had been taken aback initially at her capacity to talk non stop, was more used to it now. In fact, he used to look forward to it, as it would divert his mind from his work pressure. At last, it was Shruti who finally came down as she had to get done with the trial of her wedding attires.

The longing to be together had taken over all their senses, the messages and calls not satiating their need to be with each other. The minute they were together, just looking into the other’s eyes spoke volumes, without uttering a single word. And for the first time, Atharva let down his guard in public.. well almost, by holding her hand tight and conveying his feelings fo her in his own way. Shruti was more than glad that they had been able to put away the little disruption that had come out of nowhere. She shrugged, chiding herself for steering her thoughts in that direction again. No two people are same, in fact, Shruti and Atharva had completely opposite dispositions. But then, that was one of the reasons they had complimented each other so well.

She was pre occupied with her thoughts, little realising that they weren’t going in the direction towards home. She raised her eyebrows as she quizzed, “Atharva, where are we going?”
He glanced at her and smirked, “Someone was complaining on the other day that I don’t know how to give surprises.” He turned his face towards her, to gauge her reaction and said further, “Well, I am trying to amend that. So, shall seal my lips. You need to keep patience.”
She bit her lip as she realised that she had been caught in her own trap. She had been wailing too much of late that after the first visit that he had made to Nashik, he hadn’t bothered to do anything special for her. In fact, it had led to a tiff between them, as both had been pining for each other since almost two months, but due to commitments, none could spare the time. Atharva had been so tied up with factory set up that he used to spend a lot of time at the factory. Even on weekends he wouldn’t be back home. Shruti knew she had blamed him for something that was out of his bounds, still… she had lost her cool as she had been missing him too much of late.

She snapped out of her thoughts when he addressed her, “Alice in Wonderland… welcome to the real world.” She gave him a sheepish glance and looked around to see that they were right outside The Inter Continental at Marine Drive. She was quite surprised to be there, as he hadn’t uttered a word about it.
She quickly looked at him with apprehension and exclaimed, “Atharva! You should have told me na… I am not dressed for the place..” They stepped in the elevator when he turned towards her, the uncertainty writ large.
They were all alone in the elevator… so, Atharva didn’t hold back and cupped her face, his words pacifying her. “Chill jaanu… it’s okay. You look just fine. No need to have these lines of worry for such petty things. If I would have told you, then it wouldn’t have been a surprise for you, correct?” 

Shruti nodded and gave him a smile, realising her folly. The elevator stopped and Atharva waited for her to step out while he held the door. Shruti was intrigued as to where were they heading, as she had not been to this place before. As they approached what seemed to be a terrace, she gasped to see where they had come.
Dome was a roof top restaurant, boasting of a magnificent view of the harbour and the Queen’s necklace. As they stepped in, Shruti looked around her wide eyed, taking in the ambience of the place and found the all white décor adding to its chicness and splendour.