19 | Au Revoir, Adios

Start from the beginning

Kathryn took a little peek at the maids standing by the door. She smiles sheepishly when they bow at her. She is both glad that the maids are standing there and disappointed that they're standing over there, watching them.

Alvia took this chance to waved her hands at the press and her people who came to watch the premiere. Kathryn did the same as she stood beside the emperor with a natural smile on her face.

"Did Annabelle taught you how to smile and wave?" Alvia asked.

"She did. You have no idea how many times she hit my hand because I can't wave properly," Alvia looks down trying to conceal her laughter. Kathryn noticed this and literally pinched the emperor's side.

"Don't laugh at me!" Alvia apologised and went back to seat on her seat together with Kathryn.

As they wait for the play to start, Alvia decided to check her schedule for tomorrow on her phone. Kathryn saw this and decided to inspect the emperor's phone.

"What is it?" Alvia asked when she's unlocking her phone.

"Who's that woman as your wallpaper?" Kathryn asked.

"Someone," was all Alvia said.

"Who is it then? Name. What's her name?" Kathryn demanded.

"Im Nayeon," Kathryn gave Alvia the look before leans back to her seat. Alvia took a few glances up before locking her phone.

"Are you, by chance ... jealous?" The emperor smiled.

"No." Kathryn look away when the emperor tilted her head to see her expression.

"Really? That pout is telling me something else though," Kathryn used her hand to push the emperor away from getting her face nearer to hers.

"I'm not jealous. This woman perhaps is the person you love the most so who am I to be jealous?" Alvia laughed.

"She's just a member of this girl group from Korea that I admire. There is a wide range of me and her going to be in a relationship," Kathryn doesn't buy it. She just keeps looking away from the emperor.

"I'm serious now. She is just an idol I like," Kathryn waved her hand in front of my face.

"Why would you need someone unknown as your wallpaper while you have someone like me to pose for a picture?" Alvia was surprised and so did Kathryn herself. She tried to explain herself but her mind went completely blank when she saw Alvia's smiling face.

"Are you serious? You want to be the wallpaper of my phone?" Alvia teased. She stuttered while shaking her head no.

"That's .... not .... what ... I mean! Don't take it a wrong way!" Alvia took this chance to turn on her camera phone and took a self-picture with Kathryn who still oblivious.

"You look great in this picture," Alvia showed her my phone. Her eyes widen.

"Delete that now! My eyes were closed and I'm not ready! I look ridiculous!" Alvia smiled and kept her phone inside her coat and just kept a staring face as she waits for the play to start.

Kathryn was begging for her to delete it but she just wouldn't listen to reason. Alvia place a finger on her lips and told Kathryn to keep her voice down when the curtain on the stage finally being lifted.

"Let's enjoy this play, shall we?" Kathryn finally gave up and try to enjoy the play.

***

"Are you crying?" Alvia asked when she saw Kathryn wiping her eyes with her glove. Alvia can't help but chuckle when Kathryn looks up to her with red puffy eyes.