Chapter the S I X T E E N T H

In which a date(???) is arranged.

DISCLAIMER: PROBABLY NOT A REAL DATE

OWP POV

The crowd was relatively silent, put into shock by the almost certain death of a student. The exceptions, of course, being the majority of Class A. Things like this was no longer a surprise to them, as M/N has pulled this 'dying' shit before. But the real question was who has won? I mean, one unconscious and the other...temporarily out of commission.

Recovery Girl makes her way over to M/N's possible corpse. Normally, the injured student would have been brought to her office, but due to the serious nature of the injury, she came to him.

Leaning down, she gestures to one of her helpers to remove the sword from M/N's chest cavity. This being done, she presses her hand to his neck for the pulse that will surely be there. Her face changes slightly as she adjusts the position repeatedly.

Present Mic, from the announcer's booth, attempts to calm the horror of the crowd.

"There's absolutely nothing to worry about, L/N has the ability to heal himself from injury as well as Recovery Girl giving her assistance." he glances to her for assurance. She gives a subtle shake of her head, her expression strained. Mic shares a glance with Aizawa, leaning away to converse with him in private. M/N is placed on one of the robot stretcher things and is brought out of the arena.

The crowd, sated by the news that the student would not die, expressed their pleasure and conversed about various meaningless topics. Class 1-A shred a few glances. Something doesn't seem right, normally M/N would be alive once again, flaunting his shitty personality and being generally tiring to be around.

But enough about them. Back in Recovery Girl's office clinic, she inspects M/N's cold body. The wound at first didn't seem too serious, but with some poking around she found the original wound was expanded by the force of M/N falling onto his front. Blood and oxygen filled his chest cavity, putting pressure on his functioning lung and heart which made them cease working.

By now it had been a good few minutes since death, so there wasn't really time to waste.

By the door were a few of M/N's classmates, namely the majority of the Dekusquad simply because they haven't shown up recently. Midoriya assessed the situation somehow because of his astounding deductive abilities despite having no knowledge of complicated medical emergencies. Pulling the other two back into the hallway, his eyes show concern.

"It looks like he actually might be dead this time." Iida and the girl with the complicated name stand shocked. The continuing solid beep from the other room only cemented this observation. The three shared more whispered phrases before making their way back to the bleachers.

The majority of the teens still seated there immediately picked up on their anxious expressions, piling questions on them.

"M/N as of now seems to be dead, but things may not be as bad as we believe they are." Iida, always the robotic explanation machine loudly states. This, despite his stating it was not necessarily the whole truth, rattled them. Their attention is drawn to the center of the field as some podiums rise out of the ground. On the center, Bakugou is chained to some type of stake as he thrashes around. Unlike normal situations, he doesn't necessarily seem angry, but frantic. The second podium stands empty, and the third holds Shinso and Kirishima.

Midnight begins to announce the winners.

"In third place, we have a tie between Class 1-A's Kirishima Eijiro and 1-C's Shinso Hitoshi!" The crowd roars. "In Second! Unable to be here due to recovering, L/N M/N!" The crowd hesitates but returns to cheering after remembering the interesting show he was able to put on. "And First! We have Bakugo Katsuki!" The male thrashes furiously, biting at the restraints.