Chapter the T H I R T Y - S I X T H

In which the show must go on.

Approximately 1 minute after chapter 34, 3 hours before chapter 35

The agents rapidly attach restraining devices to M/N's still body, others already beginning to arrange their just as rapid exit. Most of the students remain in various stages of shock and confusion, and those who progress rapidly to stronger emotions are held back by the others. Aizawa quickly pulls his scarf off, successfully snaring the arm of the nearest agent and pulling it away from M/N.

"Hold it. That's my student, and this is private property. What's your purpose for all this?"

"Classified, sir," the agent sneers, truthfully. "Remove your weapon or we will be forced to retaliate." They yank their arm, gathering enough slack to slide the capture ribbon off. Aizawa draws it back, unsure of what exactly to do. The agent turns back to the other figures, several of which had moved their hands to common weapon hiding areas. "Let's go."

As one unit, they hoist M/N's cooling body and climb out the broken windows, seemingly unaffected by the glass shards still clinging to the frame. Aizawa fixes his gaze on the class, specifically Bakugo, and threatens them silently to Not Move before moving quickly to the window and gazing at the retreating figures and nondescript gray van.

"Stay here and don't do anything stupid, like cut yourself or try to follow them. You know who I'm talking to." His hair defies gravity briefly to add weight to his instructions, and he half-sprints out the door.

XXX

"Sorry, Aizawa, but there's nothing I can do. Since it's the government, the most they'll do for us is pay approximately 1/8th the cost of the windows and threaten us with legal proceedings if we press too hard." Nezu clasps his paws, fixing an irritated Aizawa with a semi-blank stare. "The best we can do is to wait it out and continue on as normal. It's almost time for the license exam, isn't it? And try to deter your students from trying anything drastic (again)."

Aizawa nods in a resigned manner, pinching the bridge of his nose as he leaves in a classic show of an impending headache worse than normal. Nothing more fun than explaining why their friend was abducted by a shady government organization for reasons unknown but undoubtedly serious.

XXX

'INSANE UA Student ARRESTED for UNSPEAKABLE Crimes, TERRIFIES General Public!'

'L/N M/N MOST LIKELY the Infamous ZODIAC KILLER!!'

'Neighbor says I KNEW Something was Wrong With that PSYCHO Ever Since He ATE My PEONIES and P*SSED on my DAUGHTER From the Next-Door SECOND-FLOOR BALCONY!'

"God, the media are really having a field day with this." In the commons of the 1-A dorms, teens are sprawled around passing around the classic gossip magazines and more serious publications (such as the Onion). Denki tosses his paper onto the coffee table (which reads 'DEMENTED Teen SOLELY Responsible for EVERY case of GALLIUM POISONING in the Past CENTURY'), collapsing backward. "Any why are we reading newspapers? Isn't print dead?" It's because the author thinks it's funny, of course.

Next to Denki, Katsuki growls, lightly charring his own magazine.

"They don't even have any evidence! Of course that stupid bastard would get himself into this!"

The group as a whole shrug, accepting that this type of shit would only happen to M/N. Attempting to lighten the mood(and drastically failing), Mineta whinges "At least he won't hijack the bus on the way to the License Exam tomorrow."