Weight of Our Sins

???: (Y/n)!

A fool's errand really. People tend to go over their limits in an attempt of approval. Approval by friends, family, society even. However, limits are in place for a reason. You had a mighty high mountain to climb. A task one can not do alone but you needed this. This mountain to prove that you were still capable. And well... you failed. 

A loud crash resounded as a green crystal was smashed through. A body flung through the air like a ragdoll, breaking crystals until he planted into the ground. His weapon slung loosely in his hand. A vicious cough racked through his body, spitting blood out onto the ground as he tried to pick himself up. 

???: (Y/n)!

A female rapidly approached the male, or at least she would have tried if not for another figure crashing into the large crystal behind them. 

???: Meliodas?!

Meliodas: What are you two still doing here?! Move further away!

The female quickly heeded the orders of Meliodas, wanting to make sure she was not in the way. As she rode off on her valiant piggy steed, a scream alerted Meliodas and the man to incoming danger. A massive figure was about to crush the poor lad but he was saved in the nick of time by Meliodas.

???: Thank you Meliodas...

Meliodas: Come on you have to get up, (Y/n).

You coughed out once more before using your weapon to plant yourself, pulling yourself up the weapon.

???: I'm am quite disappointed. I heard the sins were a force to be reckoned with.

You managed to find the strength in your broken body to walk before the group, however, Diane placed her hand in front of you.

Diane: No (Y/n). Take a break, we can take her down.

???: Oh? This is Ex-knight (L/n)? Hmm, I would have assumed the knight turned outlaw would have proved an interesting duel as well. But it appears you can barely stand let alone raise that heirloom of yours. Ah, what must your father be thinking at this moment upon seeing this broken heir?

You pushed through Diane's fingers and planted your feet, holding yourself in place that you could raise your halberd at the female knight.

(Y/n): Silence. My Father's name sours on your forked tongue, witch.

The female gave a soft smirk and raised her weapon, a rapier. She aimed its point at your chest and smiled once more.

???: There is that fire I heard of (L/n). Now shall you burn brightly or be snuffed out and join the legion of dead?

(Y/n): Seeing as you have ended your life to get here, I will enjoy the job of making you a permanent resident. 

The female knight smirked once more and pounced into the air, readying her blade to pierce your chest.

(Y/n): Diane!

Your giant companion moved to grab a chunk of crystal, grabbing it into her hand before launching it at the female knight. The knight, however, caused an explosion, shattering the crystal as its shards rained down upon you and the sins. Daine was blown back from the knockback, but you and Meliodas managed to move forward. Your attacks were delayed but still managed to distract her while Meliodas closed the distance and began attacking her as well.

???: I have noticed you're not using your sword.

The female knight made an observation as she recoiled from Meliodas. She landed and readied another strike rather quickly.

???: Do you really think your bare hands can stop my blade?!

She shouted before charging forth, piercing forward with her rapier. You could hear Diane mutter something before she reached forward and scooped you into her hand to protect you from the resulting explosion caused by the female knight's ignorance and Melodias's full counter. It seemed like she knew you would have a hard time dodging. She set you behind her and gave you this... strange look. Strange in a manner that you couldn't quite tell what she was saying but you knew what she wanted. She turned back to the battle and reengaged the knight with Melodias, leaving you sitting upon the ground. 

(Y/n): Damnit...

The words felt cold leaving your lips. You were in the throes of battle, the adrenaline coursing through your veins as your heart thumped rapidly in your chest, but your body felt cold and sluggish. The pain in your chest growing with each labored breath, you stood propped yourself up, grabbing a nearby crystal to raise yourself onto your feet. 

(Y/n): My family... My Father... 

Your eyes glanced over to the knight. She had her back turned to you, threatening Meliodas, Diane, and Ban who seemingly appeared out of nowhere. This was your chance. Your chance to redeem yourself and prove you were still capable. Your feet moved by themselves as you raced forward. You steps silent against the ground as you approached the female. A smirk christened your face and the warm blood in your veins finally kicked in as a sheer sense of euphoria coursed through you as you wielded back your halberd and prepared to bring it down on the female knight.

???: For a thief, you are not very stealthy, (L/n).

She said with a sense of arrogance as she turned on a heel and lightly pressed the tip of her rapier to your chest, only mere skin away from your injury. You could feel heat build on the end of her weapon however you could not look down before a loud crackly sounded and you were flying back. You were a bit surprised, there was no pain not even from your injury. You simply floated through the air. You watched the shocked faces of Diane and Meliodas form slowly. You opened your lips to take in air only to find your air being forced out as everything suddenly sped up. Your body crashed through a crystal once more. Your body tumbled through the crystal and hit the ground with a thud, your weapon going missing somewhere on this journey. You slowly rolled from your back to your stomach, coughing out various liquids.

???: My child...

A... voice? 

???: My child...

You knew that voice. Some distant faded memory through the adrenaline-fueled haze. Your right air extended and your fingers dug into the dirt, dragging your body as far as it could.

???: Rest my child... You cannot join us yet...

No... You needed to see. Who was this person speaking? 

Your hand clawed into the dirt once more, pulling yourself forward one more time before plopping onto the ground. The adrenaline was wearing off. The substance that had been puppeting your body so far was cutting the strings. Your eyes closed as you seeming lost control of them. However, before your mind lulled to sleep and your body attempted to heal, one more voice entered your ear. Whispering into your left ear it said...

???: I'm sorry...