The second war (not edited)

ALEX POV

.........

"Neith, how on earth could he see us? He almost killed me. He said my end was coming. What does he mean?" My hands started to shake, my body becoming warm and my mind was overthinking.

"Do not worry, he was only with his soul there. He is still alive then." She said the last part not to me but herself. She was going around and walking in circles.

"Wait, what exile?" I breathed in and out and tried to count to ten. It worked to my surprise.

"That is the second part of the past. You will learn what happened to us. Who the Psyche is, but more importantly you will learn why we need you to save Magic and your world." She regained her majestic posture and moved her hands as if she was high and mighty.

"I'm sorry, but I am no hero I won't save anything. I don't even have powers." She tilted her head.

"We do not need a hero, my dear, we need you to save us at the cost of everything you hold dear." Her spark went away and this time for good. Her face hardened. She slowly moved her hands and a new green petal appeared. This time the atmosphere around her felt heavy and dark.

"Only one petal? Not a complete rose?" I asked surprised.

"Alexandra, this is the last time you will travel to the past with me. Therefore only one petal. I am obliged to explain everything to you. You have to know that  I will die when we are done." My eyes widened.

"What? Why?" I was dumbfounded.

"I will explain when we are there. Now listen carefully. Kiss the petal, your powers will activate the portal."

I took the petal and kissed it. As before the petal started to dance around me but all alone. Its green colour was fading with each turn around me until it became completely white and disappeared. We appeared on a big green field.

"Where are we?" I asked looking at her, she seemed different. She lost her composure, she seemed quite human. Her entire aura felt different.

"Welcome to the last war against the Gods." Her watering eyes were for the first time looking down. I don't know if it was shame or sadness.

I looked around me and I saw two quite big armies on the opposite of each other. One to the left over the hills seemed to be composed by werewolves and big fluffy wolfs like in twilight. Then there were vampires, some were beautiful others were horrendous, they must be like Father Thomas when they transform. Next to everyone were people that seemed like humans, but I recognised someone.

"That is my father, how can it be?" My widened eyes looked at Neith. She refused to look at me, her black locks were turning white, her skin seemed to age.

"Just watch Alexandra." Her words were filled with sorrow.

I looked back at the battlefield and examined the other side. Most looked like humans but all of them had the beauty and arrogance that Neith had before. Yet, some looked like Egyptian Gods from the past. I could recognise Sobek, the god with the crocodile head.  Those were the only ones I could recognise, I didn't remember who the others were with the animal heads. I also recognised some Greek/Roman gods like Zeus. He had lightning around his body. I wanted to ask Neith something but then I heard two people moving into the middle of the battlefield where we were standing. 

I recognised past Neith moving towards my father. She stopped in the middle of the battlefield waiting for my father to arrive. She was impatient and the moment my father arrived she talked to him in a very demanding tone.