Asylum

...Alex POV...

Damn, my head feels like I was hit by a truck, I imagined it, slowly getting up off the frozen ground.

Every part of my body hurts, touching my body I could feel some places hurting more than others. I saw around and perceived almost nothing besides that I wasn't in my room anymore. I felt like there is something I forgot, what is it? Around me rocks were on the ground, where did those come from?

The room was in complete darkness, just a little hanging lamp illuminated the room with its weak yellow colour. I moved towards the light the moment I walked I sensed something dripping from my arm. I was bleeding in confusion touched my head which also felt warm.

I stared at my palm full of blood and frantically looked around to find a door, except I couldn't discern anything. I attempted to calm myself down with breathing, of course, it just made matters worse. I was shivering, seemed like I was in an ice cave.

"Stop shaking, stupid chicken!", I tried to tell myself but it didn't help either.

I felt the blood flowing down my arm. What do they do in the movies?

Right, they always put something around it. I looked at my clothes to see what I could put around it.  Beyond believe I was in my fucking penguin pyjamas.

You've got to be kidding me! How on earth am I in a room I don't recognise? Oh god maybe someone kidnapped me? Hell, this is some serious horror movie shit! I tried to pull the sleeve from the bottom half of my pyjama trousers, but damn this is so much easier in the movies.

I sat down not without problems, the bruises were making me tear up. I pulled and pulled, but nothing not even a damn bit.

This couldn't get any worse, for real! I was just in the mood to punch someone. You will regret this, you bastard or whoever kidnapped me!

I stopped immediately talking in my head and jumped from the floor. I could hear a screech echoing outside. I had to think it didn't I?, I answered myself.

Okay, I had two options in front of me. I can stay here and starve to death or I can get out and be killed by whatever is outside.

Again the voice echoed around, the agony in his voice was tangible.

I could feel my limbs moving frantically. His screams made me realize that it wasn't a fight. It seemed more like he was being tortured. I think my imagination is on hyper-drive right now. Maybe I'm hearing voices that aren't there.

"I will regret nothing, it is impressive how long you can take this!" I could hear his laugh from miles away. The moment he laughed it made me squeak. I just wanted to let my tears out, yet I pulled myself together and started to touch the wall to see if I could find a doorknob.

So, let's see, no just a cold wall. I moved a bit to the left and continued to go the same direction until I felt a huge freezing knob. I slowly turned it to make no noise, can't alert them or I am a headless chicken.

I opened it very carefully and popped my head out. No one seems to be here and the voice seemed to be gone. Therefore I got out of the room. Alex, you don't talk out of this room okay. Hope I can follow my advice.

"Jesus, it's freezing," Speaking low I could still see smoke coming out of my mouth. I put my hands around my body, completely ignoring the pain, well I tried.

"Ouch, damn this hurts," didn't I say I should shut up before leaving the room? I am just a talker that will be killed because I could not shut up.

I examined the corridor, flickering lights around me, wet floor from the leaking of the roof. I could see the stars from the roof made of glass. It meant I was on the last floor. This corridor is so long I can't even see the end. I moved slowly to not make any noise.