Minds are never calm

...POV Alex...

My body relaxed at the touch of the warm water. I forgot everything, I felt free. I sensed my eyes slowly closing. I let myself go for a bit, I needed to shut the world around me out. After all that I faced yesterday, I needed peace.

"You won't remember this until you need it," I overheard someone saying it to me, repeatedly.

I was in a large room, behind me is a statue of the god Anubis. The ground started to shake heavily. Everything around me started to break apart, large stones falling on the ground leaving gigantic holes. The next thing I know was that I seeing a woman giving birth.

"What is all of this, stop please, stop!!" I couldn't take all these images they don't make any sense. I screamed my lungs out for someone to help me. I felt a soft, but cold touch on my shoulder.

Opening my eyes, I saw two brown eyes looking at me in distraught. I jumped up and slipped, but she grabbed me before falling.

"Take care next time. Don't worry, it isn't like I haven't seen what you are trying to hide." Her voice was calm but she was forcing herself not to laugh.

I took the towel next to me and got out of the bathtub. She left me so I could put on Senja's clothes. I was in front of the mirror, my brown hair falling, dripping everywhere. I dried myself and my hair. Putting on the clothes, I turned around and opened the door. There she was on her phone waiting for me.

"Finally, you're done," she jumped, throwing her phone on the bed.

"By the way little human, I heard you would be my dinner," she looked dead serious and opened her mouth showing me her long teeth.

"You are joking, right, you just helped me." I looked at her moving back.

"No, my dear, I am dead serious," she couldn't hold it anymore and burst out laughing.

I wasn't sure, still forced a smile. She told me her name and we went downstairs. Passing by the children's drawings, it intrigued me again. I stopped to analyze it better.

"Asking yourself where her children are, aren't you?" Kayla stared at me, her marron eyes filled with an ocean of regret.

I gazed away back to the drawings. She sighed, I felt the mood change in this area, it became quite depressing, again.

"Look, I don't know you at all, nor does she, so I won't tell you. Anyway, you will one day know it. Come, we have to discuss what to do next because we are surrounded by dogs!" She exclaimed the last part in disgust.

What does she mean by surrounded by dogs and what is so bad about them? She disappeared from my side and reappeared next to John. I glanced one last time back at one particular drawing which had a quite intriguing detail. It had a heart with a white feather.

A heart and a white feather, I should remember this, what is it, it is on the tip of my tongue, dammit.

"Alexandra, could you please come down?" John said gently, watching my every move. He was wearing a tight black polo and grey shorts. Damn, he does have nice legs.

"Stopped calling me Miss, I see?" I questioned him.

"Well, you don't wish to be called Miss, so as I respect you, I ceased it." He smiled worry evident in his eyes.

They started talking about a plan to protect me and how to fight werewolves or daimon whatever that is. They were fighting each other to find the best possible way, but Kayla and John weren't in agreement. Senja just came downstairs with a bag in which I could hear glass bouncing. She tried to calm both down, to no avail. I stopped listening to them, they seemed like two children, although I am thankful to them.

I moved towards the windows in front of us, the sun was shining and no cloud could be seen, yet small droplets were falling. It started to rain heavily. I normally love the sound of rain, yet this rain wasn't natural. It just felt wrong. The next thing I know is the window shattering into hundreds of pieces. A big dark creature coming at me. I felt a hand grabbing my shirt and throwing me against the floor.

 A huge wolf-like creature was standing in front of me. His two big eyes, filled with desire, bore holes into me. Senja and Kayla put themselves in front of me.

"Alex, run towards the library and close the door, it is protected by spells," Kayla screamed never taking her eyes of the enemy.

I ran towards the library, but a werewolf put himself before me. He brought his arms up to grab me but quickly froze in place. I stood there, shocked as I watched the frozen wolf fall and shatter into pieces. I looked around, alarmed, only to find Senja behind me and pointing towards the door. I ran opening the door in a hurry. When it opened I immediately closed it,  a light purple colour shining around it.

The light switched on, I turned around and a much taller werewolf was standing in front of me. His two big eyes were looking at me. How did he enter this protected room?

I felt paralysed as I looked at him, expecting the worst. I sensed a warm feeling in my belly, glancing down I saw his claws in me, blood running down as a fountain. He took out his claws and licked them. I fell to the ground trying to stop the bleeding, with my hands. I didn't feel pain, I was bleeding yet no pain at all. I tried to scream help but no word came out. I was doomed.

-----------------------------

Edited 31st July 2019