Few Centimetres Apart

Start from the beginning

Zane, sensing there was something more to his words, approached him, putting a hand on his shoulder as he looked at his Sensei. ''There's more to the Great Devourer than you've led on, isn't there, Sensei?''

He exhaled. ''I too have obstacles within my own heart. There's a story I've never told you.'' Wu admitted.

The Ice Ninja was gentle as he helped you into a sitting position so you could rest your arms and listen to the story.

''Long ago, when I was a young boy, Garmadon and I were more than brothers. We were the best of friends.''

A much younger Wu stood back to back with a boy similar to him, his brother also in his younger years. They both held katanas in their grasp. They turned to face each other, their sharp blades clashing as they sparred.

''Wait a minute.'' Jay interrupted, raising an eyebrow. ''Now, I know you two were brothers, but really? The King of Cruelty, the Doer of Destruction, the Captain of Chaos, and you two were friends?''

''Please, no interruptions.'' Wu put his hand up to silence the Mouth of Lightning.

''You see, he did not always have a wicked heart. One day, I lost this very katana. Knowing our father would be mad, my brother told me to go retrieve it.''

Equally matched, the two brothers fought with their katanas, neither brother winning nor losing. Wu blocked a strike by Garmadon before the young soon-to-be evil Garmadon used his blade to knock his brother's weapon out of his grasp. Glancing at their father, Garmadon told Wu to get it.

''But I refused. He told me not to put off what can be done today and went to get it himself.''

The young to-be tea-obsessed boy looked to the spot where the katana was seen before it disappeared, shaking his head. Garmadon climbed over the wall, landing on the other side. Glancing around, he spotted the sword near a bush. Going to grab it, his hand was bitten by a green snake with red eyes.

Wobbling, the young two-armadon collapsed, the snake slithering away.

''When my father found him, he was very ill, for he was bitten by a legendary snake that would grow forever as long as it consumes.''

The brother's father picked up Garmadon who lay on his side.

''A great evil had found its way into my brother's heart, for the snake's venom could turn the purest of things wicked.''

Young Wu peered into the room, spotting his brother struggling to get his father off him as he tried to help.

''Leave it. Leave me alone. I don't need you. I hate you.'' Young Garmadon angrily told his father.

''The snake is the same one the Serpentine want to reawaken today.''

A shadow that resembled a serpent with glowing red eyes materialised on the wall behind young Wu.

''Aah! It hurts! It's all Wu's fault!'' Young Garmadon's eyes burned a glowing crimson as he looked at his brother. Scared, young Wu ran away from the room.

''It is the snake that took my brother away from me.'' Wu finished.

''So the Great Devourer turned your brother into the Dark Lord?'' Kai questioned.

Wu sighed once more. ''It was all my fault.'' He closed the box with the katana in it, picking it up. ''You four have finished your training. You must now focus on stopping Pythor from collecting the Fangblades. But never lose focus on the obstacles that lie within each of your hearts that holds you back from true greatness. Unlock your True Potential.'' He informed the group.