Chapter 4 :

I woke up and checked my phone. 6:45 AM. I am so jetlagged. Urgh. I hopped off my bed and got into the shower. By the time I got out it was already 7. Aunt Gabby said I'll be starting school tomorrow and today we're going to go shopping for clothes and school supplies.

I opened my luggage and pulled out a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, black tshirt and a scarf. I looked out the window and saw it was raining. Typical London weather. I took out my Hunter boots and ran downstairs.

The smell of pancakes filled the air and suddenly my stomach growled.

"Good morning!" I said excitedly

"Good morning Emma! Would you like orange juice or milk?" my aunt said, you can clearly hear her thick English accent.

"Orange juice, please." I answered, "Gabby, where are we going today?" I asked, while eating my pancakes.

"I was planning to show you around London today, and walk around Oxford Street." she smiled, "And I'm not letting the rain ruin our day."

When we were done our breakfast, we head out to town. First stop, Top Shop. I went inside and bought a few things and we then walked into Jack Wills. The shopping seemed to be endless and soon it was getting late.

I packed my school bag for tomorrow and got my outfit ready. I was never the one to wear extremely nice clothing on the first day of school. I hopped into bed and waited for the morning to come.

--

RING. RING. RING. RING.

The annoying sound of my alarm clock filled the room. I reached out, slamming it off. I dragged myself out of bed and a sudden rush of butterflies filled my stomach. Oh god, today's my first day of school. I thought to myself. I was never the new kid, and I was worried I'll be this weird foreign kid at school.

I got ready and ran downstairs, said good morning to my uncle, who was sitting at the table enjoying his cup of tea while reading the paper.

As soon as Rebecca was ready, I ran out the door, afraid we'll be late.

"Hey! Slow down! What's the rush?" yelled Rebecca

I slowed down my pace and waited for her.

"Sorry, I just don't want to be late." I said

"We have like 20 minutes." Rebecca said. "Are you nervous?"

I shrugged. "Just don't leave me alone, alright? I don't want to be alone, since I'm the new kid"

She nodded, agreeing to not leave me alone.

"REBECCA!" someone yelled.

"Hey Alison!" Rebecca yelled back, as she ran off towards her friend.

Well, so much for not leaving me. Greeeeat. Now I look like a complete loser. I started walking towards the entrance when I heard someone yell "WATCH OUT!"

As I turned my head, I felt someone colliding with me and I fell to the ground.

I groaned. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with this person.

"I'm so sorry, love." the boy said as he gave me his hand and pulled me up.

"Uh, it's fine." I said, while rubbing my arm.

"No, you're not. Your knee is bleeding." He looked concerned.

"I'm fine, really." I said, I was starting to feel a bit annoyed.

"Let me take you to the nurse's office." He offered, as he was picking up his bike

"I'm fine. Seriously, I am." I said, "Can you show me where the office is?"

"Sure."

We walked to the office and I walked up to the registration desk.

"Hello, sweetheart. Can I help you?" asked the secretary.

"Hello. I'm a new student; I came to pick up my timetable?" I said.

She handed me my timetable and asked me to sign some forms.

"Oh no. What happened to your leg?" she asked worriedly

"Oh... I fell. I'm fine though." I quickly replied

"Finn, why don't you take Emma here, to the nurse's office." she said.

Finn and I slowly walked to the nurse's office. No one spoke along the way.

The nurse, told me to sit on the bed and wait for her to come back.

"So... I realized you don't have an accent. Where are you from?" Finn asked

"I'm from Canada." I smiled

"Really? Why do you have a bit of an English accent when you talk?" he asked

"Oh. My dad is British, and when we came to England few years ago, I guess I caught a bit of it." I laughed.

"I don't mean to sound impolite, but you look a bit mixed." He said slowly.

"Haha. It's fine. Uh, my mum is Chinese." I smiled

The nurse came back and bandaged up my knee. I was about to walk off to my first class when Finn grabbed my arm.

"Hey, I'm sorry about crashing into you..." he nervously laughed

"Honestly. It's fine. It's not like you broke my leg or anything." I grinned.

His face relaxed and smiled at me. Man, he has a great smile. And amazing eyes. And a nice face. No. Emma, snap out of it. But he's just so pretty. Argh aitnoawgijgnhwoeij.

"Alright, well bye." He waved.

"Bye." I grinned, about to walk away.

"Wait! Can I have a hug...?" he shyly asked.

We hugged and oh my lord. He smelled so amazing and his arms. Holy arms. They were muscular. I can stay in his arms forever. We let go and I walked away smiling. Man, I can get use to this.