~49. Bacon

"Hey, mum."

"Morning, sweetheart. How are you settling in?" she smiles, sandwiching her phone between her cheek and shoulder.

"Pretty good, Clem stays round a lot." a smile creeps on to his phone at the mention of his girlfriend as he swishes his razor in the sink. He rubs his clean-shaven jaw with his free hand, making sure he didn't miss a single hair.

"That's wonderful, love."

"How are things with you? And dad?" he hesitates, draining the bathroom sink of water and shaving foam.

"I umm.. actually called to ask you if I could pop round later today? I have some news," she fiddles with the sleeve of her blue suit jacket.

"Yeah, of course you can." Louis dabs his face with a clean washcloth and leaves the en suite, walking out to the bedroom where Clementine laid soundly asleep, wrapped up in the duvet. A warm smile formed on the man's face.

"I actually have some news too," his eyes soften when the girl in bed pouts her lips and grips the white sheet, lost in her dreams.

"Okay, honey. I'll come round after school, yeah?"

"Yep, sounds good. See you later, mum." he takes his phone away from his ear and presses the red icon, ending the call.

He slips the device into the pocket of his sweatpants and looks back up at the sleeping beauty in the large bed in front of him. She took up most of it, but he didn't mind. She looked gorgeous and he couldn't stop looking at her.

His attention pricks up upon the small sound of a sigh, followed by a sleepy whine. He watches with a worried gaze as Clem squeezes her eyes shut and tightens her grip on the bedsheet.

"Louis.." she calls weakly before letting out a small groan.

Louis is knelt down beside her within a second, holding her petite hand firmly.

"What's wrong, baby?" he whispers.

Her chest rises and falls and she squeezes his hand tight.

"I'm gonna be sick," she whimpers, now opening her eyes to look at him.

Louis leans back and snatches the red bucket from next to the bedside table and handing it to her. He climbs behind her and carefully sits her up with his arms wrapped around her from behind. She clings on to the bucket and leans her head down, whimpers and gasps fall from her mouth while the vomit does too.

The dreadhead makes sure to brush his girlfriend's curly hair away from her face and he ties it back with the pink elastic band, which he religiously keeps on his wrist.

"That's it, baby. It's okay, shh.." he whispers, soothing her and placing a gentle kiss on her shoulder. "It's okay, it's just our baby saying good morning."

Clementine shortly stops and coughs a few times, hanging her head against the edge of the bucket and regaining her breath. Louis gets up and grabs a tissue from the box on the dresser and wipes her mouth clean.

"I'm not a baby Louis, I'm just carrying one. So you don't need to treat me like one," she snatches the tissue from him and finishes the job.

He just chuckles and sits down beside her. She throws the tissue in the bucket and looks at the boy next to her with a soft smile.

"What time is it? I need to get ready."

"For what?"

"Err.. school? What else?"

"You're not going into school today, you were just sick." he grabs her hand and encases it in his.

"In case you haven't noticed, I've been sick quite a lot recently," she tilts her head to the side, "I can't just skip school all the time."