~21. Delay

By the end of the week, Clementine was finally feeling better. Her appearance didn't scream 'exhaustion' for the first time in weeks. She still had her rough moments where she would need to have a drink of water and a few minutes to just sit down and breathe. Dizziness, sickness, back pains and headaches were regular but they had definitely settled, they were just about bearable now. 

The young couple were hanging out at Louis' mansion, up in his bedroom. Louis sat on his bed with his back against the headboard and Clementine in his lap. Her soft hands were cupping his face, her lips connected with his. His strong arms wrapped around her small frame, pressing her against his chest. Their tongues swirl passionately in the kiss, it had been going on for a while but neither of them minded. 

Clem parts her lips from his, his dark chocolate eyes opened lazily and closely gazed at her. The position they were in was very intimate and he loved it. 

A sweet smile makes its way onto her face as she analyses every detail on his handsome face, specifically every individual freckle that littered his skin perfectly. He was gorgeous, she could stare at him forever. 

Without warning, Clem hops off her boyfriend's lap and off the bed. Louis looked at her confused, his body already missing her warm presence. 

"Where do you think you're going?" he scoots over and sits at the edge of the bed, his feet on the carpet floor and his elbows resting on his knees. He looks up at her with a dreamy smirk and an eyebrow raised, a few stray dreads hung over his right eye. 

"Your mum wanted to talk to me about why I was sick, she has a few suggestions and apparently some pills to help too," she shrugs and puts on a pair of slippers. 

They were white fluffy ones that she bought to keep at Louis' house for when she stayed round because she absolutely hated having cold feet. Her feet had also been slightly hurting recently, so the slippers helped with that too.

Louis' expression changed and he shook his head as if he was denying her, he reaches out and grabs her waist and pulls her back to him. He knew his dad was downstairs in the living room with his mother and he didn't want him anywhere near Clem. Ever since their talk at the beginning of the week, Louis had not let her be by herself whenever she was round his house. He still hadn't told her about it and he didn't exactly want to either. He didn't want her to feel in any way bad for his father's opinion on the girl. 

Besides, it didn't change anything at all - Louis still loved her to pieces. 

Clem rests her hands on his shoulders and looks down at the boy sat on the bed, she was stood on the floor between his legs. 

"What's up, Lou?" she brings a hand up to his hair and runs her fingers through the dreadlocks. 

"Nothing. I just don't want you to leave," he grins up at her but her mouth scrunches to the side. He wasn't a very good liar, she could see right through him.

Clem sighs and sits on her side of the bed cross-legged.

"Alright, tell me what's wrong," she smiles, watching as the boy turns around and sits in front of her. He tries to cover up his lie with another smile and a simple shrug of his shoulders.

"Clem, really. I'm fine."

Clem's amber eyes narrow and her head slightly tilts to the side.

"Louis tell me what's wrong before I beat you up," her voice was more stern now. Louis gulps and his eyes widen, there was no doubt in his mind that she would be able to knock him on his ass within a second. His expression softens when she scoots closer and rests her hands in his. "You can tell me anything, you know."