everything comes back to you | seulmin (2)

when jimin opened his eyes, he found himself not in the comfort of his own bed, but in the recovery room at the headquarters. he was familiar with this room - it was where he was brought to to rest after being healed by seungwan whenever he got injured. his reckless nature meant that he often left the scene victorious, but definitely not without a few bruises or broken bones here and there.

looks like it happened again.

after a few moments, the door opened to reveal jungkook peeping in to check on jimin. " you're awake! you should come by the interrogation room, there's some interesting things going on. "

and so, jimin followed jungkook out of the room.

taehyung and namjoon had been trying to read the thoughts and look through the memories of the "villain", but she had formed a mental barrier. taehyung didn't let her know that they were actually trying to read her, because he doubted that she even realised that she was doing such a thing. after all, she barely seemed to have any control over her powers earlier.

but, the interrogation session had been going on for a good two hours, and taehyung was getting impatient. he was waiting for an opportunity when she let her guard down to be able to read her completely.

it was at this moment that jimin entered the room, and the two gasped as they made eye contact.

" jimin? "

" seul, what are you doing here? "

" namjoon, what's going on? all i'm getting from them is confusion and relief, they have no coherent thoughts again. "

" jimin seems to be in her memories... from a few years ago. remember how jimin joined the organisation? i'm guessing they met on the streets. "

jimin thought back to 15 years ago, when the two of them spent their days on the street, running from everything. it was just the two of them - against the world.

they had no one else, nothing, but each other.

they didn't know anything about what was going on in the rest of seoul, they only knew where to hide from authorities that were catching the "troublemakers" off the streets, and they only knew how to survive until the day was over.

each day was daunting yet thrilling at the same time, not knowing which day would be their last. it was hard for them to trust anything out there, but they trusted each other. and that was all that mattered.

how this came to be, was that their families sold them off to a wealthy family to be slaves at the ages of 4 and 5 as they could not afford to raise them, but jimin knew enough from the conversations he accidentally overheard that a slave's life meant being treated like scum. so, without knowing the consequences it would bring, he escaped with seulgi en route to their new home.

later on, when they finally made their way by foot back to the little town they lived at, they learnt that the wealthy family demanded to have their families executed for the slaves they promised never showed up at their doorstep.

hence, they spent their days hidden from the public eye by sleeping against the wall opposite the back alley of a line of restaurants, huddled against each other with only a thin rag which they picked up from the dumpster to share in the harsh winter, and sneaking past the back entrances of the restaurants whenever the cooks were on a break for some warmth and scraps from the kitchen.