cup of coffee

seulgi's not handling her first college semester the best.

between starting over in a new environment, making new friends and forging strong bonds, as well as showing up to class (most of the time), she's also been taking up a part time job and working on her assignments during her breaks at the café next door.

despite her roommate yeri's constant nagging about how her eyebags have reached her chin and how she needs more rest, seulgi enjoys this busy pace. she enjoys being productive, and she finds her job fulfilling.

and if she's tired, she can easily grab a latte from the café next door. it's such a common occurrence, that the cute barista who takes seulgi's order every time has remembered her order.

seulgi has seen that cute barista around before on campus, perhaps in the hallway, talking to a mutual friend. she never caught his name, but his smile definitely caught her eye.

his smile was one of the brightest she had ever seen. it was always a huge, genuine smile that reached his eyes, and seeing it put a smile on her face as well.

but seulgi didn't exactly have the time (or the guts) to start a conversation with this cute barista. and neither did she tell yeri about it, because knowing her and her big mouth, it would take mere minutes before the entire campus knew about seulgi's interest in that boy.

she never gave it much attention, not like she had the chance to anyway. seeing him around and getting a latte from him when she visited the café was good enough to put a smile on her face and brighten her day.

one day, when seulgi walked into the café and headed towards her usual seat, she noticed a latte that looked like her usual order that was already placed on the table.

she still walked towards it anyway, and it was only on a closer look that she realised the latte art was different from the ones she usually had. a little special, some might say.

it was an adorable bear, and beneath the glass was a small, scribbled note.

the note said,

"hi, i'm jimin. i think you have a pretty smile. would you like to go out on a date with me?"

seulgi read it, smiled, and looked up.

the cute barista behind the counter gave her a wink.

-

a/n

something random i wrote a few months ago, not rlly a big fan of it but whatever

love,
jane