Alec bit his lip and sighed. "Fine Izzy! You know I'm not good at surprises, but I really want to this time. And... well it's not that I'm not getting help... So..."

"And who is that apart from me?" She said trying to sound upset.

"It's Catarina."

"Oh! Okay, so what are you planning Alec? Spill it..." Alec was about to say something when she spoke again, rearranging all the documents that were kept on his desk simultaneously. "So much paperwork... Don't you get tired, big brother?"

Alec froze when she picked the documentations on Kasper.

"Izzy! No! That's not..." Izzy's eyes went wide and her jaw dropped on the floor. "Ahhh..... Um mm... Paperworks." He stuttered and his heartbeats quickened as he witnessed millions of emotions flashing on his sister's face within a second.

He waited for her response but when the silence got the better of him, he cleared his throat, his heart ready to leap out of his chest at any moment. "Uh... Izzy? Please say something!" this wasn't in the plan of events and the silence was getting under his skin.

"Alec! You want to become immortal!?"

"y...yes...."

"Oh! By the angel!" She shrieked, ran towards Alec, and hugged him tightly.

Alec breathed out with relief but was confused at the same time. "Iz! You're not mad?"

"Why would I be mad, Alec? Yes, I'm a little shocked, but if that's what you want, you know I'm always there for you." she pulled out of the hug, tiptoed, and pecked his cheek.

"Thank you, Izzy! It means a lot."

"Is THIS your big surprise for him?" She asked teasingly.

"There are few more but yes."

She raised her brow as she kept examining the documentations. "More?"

"Yeah! I'm thinking about a dinner surprise, a gift with an anniversary card, and a photo frame with all the pics of our anniversaries starting from our wedding collaged together."

Izzy's jaw was dropped on the floor yet again.

"Who are you and what have you done to my brother!!??"

"I'm Alexander Lightwood Bane and well, Magnus Bane happened!"

Izzy laughed. "Hmm... Magnus got you good then, big brother."

She shuffled through some papers for some time then spoke again. "A half angel and half Shadowhunter? Aren't you that already?"

"Well yes but not literally, I'm mortal, I'm not literally an angel!"

"How exactly have you came up with this Alec?"

"You know what happened a month ago, Izzy. I... Magnus is not doing well since then. He cries behind my back, he's not happy even when he shows he is. he gets nightmares of that day. I didn't know at first, he tried hiding it from me but when it started getting worse I made him talk to me, that's when he told me about them. He still gets them, pretends that he's completely fine, but I know he's not. I know he's worried about me dying one day, and I am not able to see him like this, this weak, this is not the Magnus I know, I want to do something for him." He paused for a minute then spoke again.

"I'm researching about becoming immortal since the time I heard him crying and saying how miserable he will be if I die. I thought about talking to him but when I noticed him pushing me away I knew he'll become more secretive if I did, which will end up in him getting more hurt than he is now. And well, when I read about the half angel and half Shadowhunter thing, I was sure I wanted to do it as by this spell," he pointed towards the stack of papers "I will be what I am, and I'll provide Magnus what he wants. All I want is for him to be happy. No matter what it takes."

Izzy listened to him carefully, completely awestruck by his love for Magnus. "You know what big brother, Magnus is a hell of a lucky man to have you in his life. If he'll ever hurt you I swear-"

"Iz!"

"Relax Alec, you know I love you both!"

Alec simply shook his head, sighed, and leaned against the desk.

"When are going to tell everyone about it?" she questioned further.

"Once I'll gather the information about the complete spell and how to perform it I'll ask everyone, Catarina is looking wherever she can, and I'm looking at the library and wherever possible."

"So you didn't plan on telling me about it today?" She gestured towards his desk.

"Umm... No, but I'm glad I did."

A warm smile appeared on Izzy's face. "Well, where are we going for lunch?"

He glanced at the time, noticing that it's past 12 already. "Wherever you want."

"Simon took me to a great restaurant here, let's head there, It's an amazing place."

They headed towards the restaurant Izzy had told him, ordered their food, and to Alec's surprise, he actually liked it and thought about coming with Magnus once.

"So apart from becoming immortal, what other things are you planning? And how can I help?"

"I want to plan a surprise dinner by the lakeside of Lynn and since Magnus is Indonesian, I want the whole menu to be Indonesian and all the decorations in the way he likes."

"Hmm... I can arrange that, plus the photo frame too... me and Clary can prepare it perfectly."

Alec cocked up his brow at that. "Don't worry big brother, we won't disappoint. What about the gift you were talking about?"

"I wanted to make the gift after becoming immortal, well, since you were the weapons head, I was thinking if you could do it?"

"Me? Oh! By the angel! What is it?" She squealed.

Alec shook his head at her excitement.

"You know Magnus and his love for jewellery, I was thinking a set of 3 diamond rings joined together with silver chains with small cut emeralds on it, the first and third sitting on the base of the fingers, the second one on the middle part of the finger, with the words FOREVER YOUR MLB engraved on each ring separately on top and AKU CINTA KAMU on bottom of the ring, each letter having small cut diamonds on it. Can you do it?"

Izzy's jaw was dropped on the floor for the third time that day and this time, literally. She was staring at her brother wide-eyed.

"Hey! Close your mouth little sister!" He put his fingers below her chin and closed her mouth shut. She blinked twice before speaking again.

"Alec! Are you all right! Is it really you!?"

"Isabelle Lightwood! Yes, it's me, and can you do it? Or I have to look for someone else!"

"By the angel! What has Magnus done to you!? I need to have a talk with him. And yes I'll do it, don't worry."

He laughed hard at her remark. "Thank you, Izzy!" He said in between the laughs.

"Stop laughing Alec!" She hit him gently on his arms.

"Well, how is Simon then? How's his training going?"

"He's doing good, you know what, he had beaten Jace 3 times last week with seraph daggers. I'm really proud of him."

The twinkle in her eyes didn't go unnoticed and a warm smile formed on his lips. He was glad that Simon was the best man to enter his sister's life, no matter how annoying that vampire was. "I'm happy that you're happy Izzy."

"Thank you, big brother!"

They finished the rest of the lunch in silence or chatting about random things and finally left for the Institute.

Alec felt really nice to have his sister beside him and not judging him for his choice to become immortal. He prayed that everyone would react the same. He went to his office and got back on researching for the complete spell, the sooner the better.

A/N
Hope you guys liked the chapter. Please comment and vote.
Thank you