"The spirits are lonely so when a child come, they try to take them away making them their allies. Those children become spirits however why would they only want children?"  Mai muttered as she write a theory on her notebook. She didn't know that when she started her sentence, she already disrupted the silence in the base that makes everyone look at her. But she's so focused that she didn't noticed it.

"If they're so lonely, why wouldn't they just take anybody with them? Like those who have potential to become their parents like me, Takigawa-san and Noriko-san. Why would Minnie drive away adults?"

"Ugh. I don't know the answer. Masako-san is not feeling well, I can't ask anything!" Mai scratch her hair in frustration and form a fist.

"Guys, I'm gonna rest. Bye." Mai said in a loud voice and went to the guest room.

*Clack!*

The door closed and everyone look at the folder on the table. Naru stood up and take a look at it. Takigawa-san followed.

"Wow. The Tachibana Family lived here 70 years ago? I'm amazed she can dig out so much information in a short period of time."

"I didn't know she's capable of it too. Looks like you got a pretty capable assistant, Naru."

"Her research is detailed and genuine. I'm impressed." Lin pop out of nowhere and surprised everyone.

" Yuki Tachibana, the first child who died in this house . Takigawa-san, Get ready and perform an exorcism."

Naru look at the file he is holding. He watched the footage during the time Mai saved Ayami from Minnie. He and Lin saw how she secretly form a barrier to protect Ayami. The two began to suspect her but she seem to not know their real identity so they kept silent. They can just confront her is she ever guess their identities. But Naru become unsure of what should he do when that time comes.

***

Takigawa-san got ready and perform an exorcism on Ayami's room. Sounds of knocks and rapping suddenly arises however the temperature in the Living room suddenly decreased in below freezing point. For this reason, Takigawa-san moved to the living room.

Mai, who was sleeping on the guest room suddenly felt a chill and suddenly rose from her sleep. Something bad is happening. Mai's feet run on its own to the living room.

On the base, Ayako saw many spirits distracting Takigawa-san but she noticed something dark behind him.

"Takigawa-san, behind you!!" She said but Takigawa-san can't seem to see the danger behind him.

Creepy sounds of pain filled the air as Mai ran towards the living room. It is piercing her ears but she continued to run to where her feet leads her to.

"To....Miko.... Tomiko.... Tomiko...."

Mai stopped at the faint sound she heard. Tomiko? Mai felt a chill run down her spine again as the faint voice continued. No! Mai ran as fast as she can to the place. Takigawa-san is still chanting. It's hurting the spirits of children that makes the wails louder. The door opened with a loud bang and Mai came in panting.

"Mai! What are you doing here?!"

At the base, the others were shocked at Mai's appearance.

"Mai! What is she doing?!" Matsuzaki-san said with worry. The dark smoke continue to take shape of a woman wearing kimono as the clock tick.

"Monk-san! Come out! It's dangerous!" Mai said as she pull Takigawa-san but he just shake her off.

"Mai, what are you doing?!"

The smoke passed through Mai and a faint angry voice sounded to her ear.

"I won't forgive those who are in my way!"

"No! Monk-san! Get out! " Mai screamed as the smoke wrapped her neck.

"Mai! " Matsuzaki-san and John ran towards the living room.

"Let go!" Mai said and noticing that the girl have some difficulty, Monk began chanting and her neck was spared from the vicious cold grip.

A powerful force shake the house and the next thing they saw is a hole in the ground. Naru, Masako and Lin came running as soon as that happen. Everyone was panting as they look at the hole.

"What has happened?!"

"Mai, are you okay?!"

***

"It's a well. It's not that deep but it's too old. " Takigawa-san said as Matsuzaki-san checked Mai for injuries.

"To me, it goes down deep into the earth trapping the children in the bottom of the lake. That woman who appeared is hiding deep inside as well. She calling out for the children pretending to be their mother.  Those children just want to go home but they're trapped in the darkness crying out for their real mothers at home.  That woman is manipulating those children she trapped to gather more spirits to be called her own."

"Who is Tomiko?" Naru asked

"Tomiko is that woman's daughter. She is looking for her daughter and in order to find her, she continue to gather spirits of children hoping that one of them would be her daughter."

"Why would she search for her daughter?" Mai asked but a loud 'Pak' sound in the room.

"Ouch! What was that for?!" Mai asked as she rub her head that was knocked by Takigawa-san and Matsuzaki-san.

"You have the guts to step in a dangerous place! What would happen if something goes wrong!" Takigawa-san and Matsuzaki-san scolded her in the same time.

"If I didn't stop you, you could've lost your life, you dummies! Even if you two combine together exorcising that woman without knowing what she really wants, you won't succeed since you are not skilled enough to defeat her." Mai retorted furiously and that caused her to get a double combo punch on the head.

"You little brat!"

"The root of the problem is very clear. That woman want her daughter back. Let's just reunite them!"

"You think that is easy?!"

"No! I'm just saying my opinions!" Mai retorted back as she fold her arms, pouting angrily. But although her face is cute right now, the adults continued to lash out on her ruthlessly.

"You're getting smarter, Mai." Naru smirked at her but Mai just harrumphed at him.

"Thanks to your books, sir." Mai said as she look at the well.

"Mai is right. We just had to unite the daughter and mother pair and the souls here will be free. Tomiko is an adult now or she could be dead so even if we present her to that woman, she wouldn't understand."

"Shouldn't you worry about our safety too? If we fail to unite them both, our souls will be trapped in here and become her slaves." Takigawa-san sais seriously as the others look at Naru.

"I'll find a way to reunite them. I'm leaving. Don't do anything reckless." Naru said and turn his heel to leave.

"Hey! Boss, wait for me!" Mai run to him as she closed the door behind her, running away from the nagging adults.

Mai walk beside her boss quietly as they exited the mansion. Mai sighed and look at the starless night sky. She really need to rest after this case, she's exhausted.