Part 4||Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

***

Liza peeked out her bedroom door. It was silence but in the distance she could hear water running. She figured Elijah was in the shower so she figured it was the perfect time for her to sneak out. She dashed for the stairs skipping steps. She quickly disarmed the alarm before letting herself out. She set the alarm before clutching her bag and walking down the dark street. She glanced down at her phone.

CAM
Where you at? I'm here.

Liza
I'm coming.

Liza walked down the dark street scared to death. It was late as fuck. A few minutes later she approached Cam car. He didn't even notice her because he was leaned back with his phone to his ear. Liza tapped on the passenger side window. Cam looked up and quickly unlocked the door.
"Oh shit. I ain't even see you. Aye Jigz, I holla at you later" Cam said before hanging up.
Liza tucked her hair behind her ear as she glanced over at cam.
"Hey...you good?" He asked. Liza slightly nodded.
"Yea. Now I am. I'm just tired" she lowly said.
"You coming to my house? Your parents ain't gonna trip right?" He said. Liza looked him in the eye.
"Fuck them." She said. Cam didn't say nothing. He didn't know exactly what to say so he just put his car in drive and pulled off.

***

"You want something to drink? You hungry?" He asked her once again as they headed towards his room.
"Nah I'm good" Liza said as they entered his room. She plopped on the bed as she started putting her hair in a top bun.
"Yo what happened to your face?" Cam said walking towards her. He gripped her chin examining her slightly bruised cheek.
"I told you the dumb bitch hit me" Liza said moving his hand.

"Don't call your mom's that. What you do for her to hit you?" He said because he already knew how slick her mouth was. Liza slightly laughed.
"Don't tell me what to do. And I don't wanna fucking talk about it anymore" she says with an attitude.

"Liza, if you gonna have a fucking attitude with me for no reason I'll drop ya lil ass back off" Cam said. Liza raised an eyebrow.
"You know what....fuck you" She yelled as she tried to get up from the bed but he quick grabbed her.
"Yo chill out." He said.
"No get the fuck off me" Liza yelled. Her eyes watered. Cam let her go when he noticed she was slightly crying. She quickly wiped the few tears that fell.

"I hurt you or something?" He asked becoming concern as he looked at her risk he was just holding. He didn't see and marks. Liza sniffled as she laid on her side.
"Liza..." he softly said.
"I lied" Liza lowly said.

"Lied about what" Cam asked. Liza looked over at him. The way he looked at her she could tell he loved her. She always questioned did she love him back. In a way she did. It wasn't suppose to go this far between them. But after spending time with Cam over the last few months she did develop feelings that she tried to hide.

"Lied about what?" Cam asked again. For some reason Liza was about to confess the truth, that she was Elijah sister but she stopped herself.
"Nothing. Can you get me some water please?" Liza asked. Cam wanted to ask her what she was lying about but he just decided to let it go and just go get her some water.

***

Cam came back a few seconds later with a bottle of water.
"Thanks." Liza said as she opened it and downed half of it.
"Why was you crying? I ain't never see you cry" Cam said as he sat next to her. Liza looked over at him as she took a swig of her water.
"I don't know..I guess I was just emotional about everything that happened today. I don't wanna talk about it ok" Liza said. Cam nodded.
"It's late...you should get some sleep ok" Cam said as he stood up.
"Where you going?" Liza asked. He pointed towards the door.
"Living room" he said as he left the bedroom leaving Liza alone. Liza claimed he was being clingy so he wanted to give her space. Cam sat up on the couch and got comfortable as he put on an old episode of Power.