Chapter 7 (Rewritten)

Start from the beginning

"With strength like that, you'll end up getting a spot on the Top 10." Krista adds. 

"Heh..." You let out a nervous laugh. 

They think of you as some kind of superhero. 

When really...you're not. You may be physically strong, yet your mentality was still weak. 

The next day went by like any other day, you pushed Reiner down to the ground as he grunted in pain. 

"Damn, Y/n. Is it me or is your grip getting stronger?" he asked me. 

You ignored his question and got off of him. You were getting ready to walk away until I heard a voice behind me. 

"You call that skill? I saw no fighting techniques nor any action towards your opponent." 

You looked behind me to see a short girl with piercing blue eyes and blonde hair tied in a somewhat bun. 

Who was this?

*Ba-Thump*

Your heart skipped a beat a little. 

You could feel your stomach drop, but you kept your composure.

Your expression went dark for a split second before you quickly changed your expression, imitating one of confusion. 

"Well look who finally decided to step in for a change." Reiner teased the shorter blonde female.

"I'm not here to socialize. Just set something straight."

Reiner turned to you. 

"This girl's Annie. I'm sure you saw her a lot, have you Y/n?"

Annie's stare never left you form. 

"So you're the so called warrior Reiner's been talking about? I honestly don't see any potential in you."

Her words struck you deep. 

"Aw, come on, Annie. Don't be so mean to the girl. You haven't even fought her yet."

Annie glanced at Reiner for a second before rolling her eyes and throwing the wooden knife in you direction. 

You quickly caught as if fumbled in your grasp. 

"You're going to try a charge attack on me. Let's see if you're good at trying not to get pinned down."

You gulped a little bit as you closed your eyes, trying to focus.

She was standing a few feet in front of you. All you had to do was listen to any slight movements she'll make. 

Your hands began to grip tightly onto the knife nervously, the boiling sensation making a pit in your stomach. 

Without even thinking, you charged at Annie in full speed. She tried to kick you shin, but you managed to see her move last second, dodging it. 

Annie was a bit thrown off, which gave you the chance to wrap your leg around hers and tackle her to the ground. 

You pointed the knife at her neck threateningly as she stared up at you with slight shock. Her eyes slightly widened as you both stared at each other. 

You thought you won, but Annie had other plans. You sensed she was about to move and began to hold her down. She tried fighting in your grip. 

She was strong, but you were holding her back. You just held onto her until she grew tired. 

*BAM*

"Urk!" You grunted as she elbowed you hard in back. 

Your grip faltered and she then took the time to attack. Your eyes shot at her angrily and you lost control. 

Your mind went blank and you didn't even realize what you were doing. 

"Hey! HEY! Knock it off! Both of you! It's done!" Reiner was pushing you and Annie apart. 

"...!?" Your eyes widened as you realized what you've done. 

You looked at Annie's face, which was covered in slight bruises and dirt, a dripple of blood leaked down her nose. 

Did you...do that?

What even happened? You were angry and before you knew it, you were throwing punches at Annie. 

You didn't think the fight would get this brutal. 

Yet at the same time...you felt good. 

...

...

The ringing in your head became louder. 

You gripped your head as it immediately started to hurt. 

"You didn't need to go that far Annie. Y/n got you down, you didn't need to get violent with her. And Y/n you shouldn't--Huh!?"

Reiner stopped mid-sentence as you noticed you covering your nose and mouth. He could see drops of blood coming from them. 

You were staring wide eye at him back, a nauseous feeling taking over you. 

You...

"Ulp---!" You gagged.  

You got up and ran. 

"Hey! Where are you going!? I was going to prove my point." Reiner called after you. 

But you were already far away.