"Do you want to ring him now or when we get back home?"

"Home! Let's go, let's go!" I loudly announced, waving 'goodbye' to Drew as I charged out to the car, my new phone clutched in hand.

"Hello?" Came the inquisitive response to my call.

I was sitting cross legged with my back against the bed in my room. I couldn't help but bounce my knees up and down as I heard my best friend's voice for the first time in a month.

"Hi, Bobby." I replied awkwardly, nervous of his reaction.

"Ollie?!"

It turned out that Bobby was ecstatic to hear from me. We leapt straight into a flowing conversation about all we've missed in each other's lives. I tried to keep the conversation on him for as much as possible so that he wouldn't know I'd been non-stop sulking for the past month. He told me about his new school, some of the boys he now plays football with and where he's now living.

I really am pleased for him. It was just hard to hear how happy he is; without me.

After hanging up I sauntered downstairs and took a seat on my stool next to Hamish, who was on his phone playing candy crush.

"How was Bobby?" He asked, swivelling to face me.

I sighed in response, laying my head to rest on the counter top. Hamish frowned in confusion, copying my movements staring at me with intensity.

"He's doing great - having an amazing time."

"That's a good thing, right? At least he's settling down well." Hamish reasoned, smiling gently. He looked very strange though, because his cheek was all smushed by the surface top.

"I guess." I shrugged, focusing on the pattern of the granite surface.

Hamish clicked his tongue, pushing away from the counter and walking towards the fridge.

"I have ingredients for stir-fry, if that sounds good?" He suggested from inside the fridge.

My eyes lit up in excitement at the prospect of my favourite food for supper and I decided there and then that I could live normally without Bobby and that I was actually really glad that he was having such a good time. Oh, the power of food. I wouldn't let one misfortune hold me back. He was still in my life and now that I had his number (and a phone), we could definitely keep in touch!

I was woken up in the dead of night to a sharp, stabbing pain in my tummy. I felt like I needed to throw up. I ran across to the bathroom, desperate not to be sick in the hallway. Having made it, I hovered over the loo and waited for something, anything, to happen. Nothing.

I still felt like I was going to be sick from all the pain I was in, so I dragged my feet across the landing towards Hamish's bedroom and started poking him in the face. He groaned, swatting at my hand.

"Ollie, what's wrong?" He asked groggily, reaching over to turn on the light.

"My tummy hurts." I whimpered, clutching at my belly, which didn't help in the slightest.

Hamish swiftly swung his legs over the side of the bed and grabbed my hand, taking me downstairs towards the medicine cupboard. He gave me a little white pill which is apparently some weird drug thing called ibuprofen. Hamish then insisted that I have some hot chocolate to which I definitely wasn't opposed - he even put cream and marshmallows on top for me!

I woke up in my brother's bed the next morning and my tummy wasn't hurting anymore...but it did feel really weird. I looked over at Hamish's alarm clock and it read 6:15; too early to wake the sleeping monster.