Lashton - And I almost had you *Part 1*

And I almost had you by Gay5sos

Found on Archiveofourown.org

-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"Did you see that crowd?" Michael gushed as the four band members strode down the hallway of their hotel rooms.

"Some chick threw a bra at me." Calum announced smugly, waving the frilly pink C-cup fabric that he had slung over his shoulder.

Ashton snorted. "We know, you haven't put it down since we got off stage."

Luke let out a loud cackle before adding

"Mikey make sure he doesn't sleep with it tonight."

It earned another loud chorus of adrenaline-fuelled laughter from all except Calum, before they stopped outside their rooms.

"Well, I guess this is where we part ways." Ashton sighed, pulling out the keycard to the room he and Luke shared.

"You're just jealous that you don't have a bra to hold." Calum grumbled.

"Come on, I won't tell them if you do sleep with it." Michael smirked, pulling him into their room, sticking his head out of the doorframe again to yell

"Night guys!"

"Night!" Ashton and Luke called back in unison.

A night of cuddling, movies and popcorn was definitely what Ashton needed.

"Do we have any floss?" he asked, two fingers in his mouth, cooperating to try and prise the popcorn kernels from between his teeth.

"Ew thats so gross." Luke groaned from beside him in the bed, pulling a face of disgust. "Try to be ladylike."

"Oh I'm sure girls love 'ladylike' in a guy."

"Well if you're going to be unladylike, then maybe you should get in your own bed." Luke crossed his arms in mock-hurt.

Ashton responded by snuggling further into the side of his tall best friend.

"No. It's not my fault you nabbed the bed right in front of the tv. It is not my choice. There is no other way. I have to stay here forever, sorry."

Luke giggled and placed a large hand on top of Ashton's head, tangling his fingers into his golden locks.

It wasn't long before Ashton was the only one left awake, while Luke was snuggled into his left side, eyelashes brushing his shoulder, chest slowly rising and falling.

The movie wasn't over yet, but the adrenaline had worn off, and their energy had plumeted, leaving them wrecked.

Luke could fall asleep like a log in minutes, whereas it took Ashton at least half an hour to find a comfortable position to lie in.

Finally, though, he found one, turned away from Luke, letting him fall on his face.

He switched off the tv and was about to settle down, when he heard Luke's breathing get progressively heavier and faster. He turned to face him, not realising that he was still awake, then realising that he actually wasn't.

Luke was having a nightmare.

He watched as the younger boys breath grew rapid, still heavy from sleep, and he started fidgeting, making barely-audible whimpering noises.

Ashton wondered wether or not to wake him, but then decided not to. His mum had once told him that it was best not to wake someone having a nightmare, in case you frightened them into a coma, or something stupid like that.