Chapter 38: The IGO President

Start from the beginning

Ichiryu watched them in amusement for a few moments before he broke into laughter, making the two blink and look over to him. "Of all the things I've heard! You make me laugh, Toriko! Sarafina, you're just too funny!"

Eh? That was funny..? "B-but..." The older man leaned close in to Toriko, who looked a little disturbed for having his personal space invaded, and continued to talk, "Like the kiddo said. Don't run your mouth off when you don't know the first thing about the gourmet world." The two watched as Ichiryu righted himself and removed his sunglasses corrected him, "For your information, I'm not retired. I'm just on vacation. Don't confuse me with that drunkard Jiro." The blond man then yanked down his shirt to reveal a well-built chest.

"Well, Toriko? How about you show me what you're capable of! Are you all bark, or do you bite too?" The challenge from his adopted father got Toriko quickly into fighting mode. "Fine! You're on! And I won't go easy on you!" Toriko challenged him right back. How did this visit turn into them fighting? "Heh heh. Come at me like you mean to kill me. My little Toriko." The blonde man taunted him a bit in a friendly manner. "Why do I have the feeling the whole thing was leading up this?" Sarafina sighed as she watched on. This was not what she had planned when she came here... But at least it's going to be interesting.

A while later

"I'm still question of how this even possible! It's both scary and amazing!" Sarafina squeaked out, tightening her grip on the older man's back as the two skipped across the water. Literally. Kururu was running across the water right beside them as upon contact, the water froze beneath her paws and she ran down the icy tail. When Ichiryu offered to take her to take to where he and Toriko were gonna fight she stupidly agreed, cause the boat was way too small, at least with a man as big, not to mention large, as Toriko taking up majority of the space in it for two, the one that the hunter was currently using anyway.

The older man laughed heartily as he adjusted her on his back with ease. "Not to worry, kiddo! Our destination is in sight! I'm happy you haven't change a bit. I missed you very much." He cheerfully told her as a rather large barren island except for grass and some trees scattered a bit came into view. Sarafina let out a gasp when Ichiryu said this. "You mean, you... I...I thought you've completely forgotten about me? I thought you angry with me."

"What?! What the hell are you saying?! As if I forget or be angry with the sweetest little girl I came across. I just acted the way I did because I figured you haven't told Toriko yet about us." Ichiryu said. That eased Sarafina heart as she smiled softly. He did have a point though. "I'm just happy I get to see you again, moon-drop."

"Hey! Quit getting so far ahead! Stop skipping on water!" Toriko's voice, sounding a tad annoyed, shouted from somewhere behind as the two landed gracefully onto land. After gently putting the blind woman down, Ichiryu surveyed the landscape and gave a deep "Hmph!" before saying, "This floating island outta be big enough. What do you think, kiddo?"

She gave a slight shrug. "Not my first choice, but it is sufficient. At least it's large enough for a fight for too. Are you sure I can't fight as well?" She asked. Kururu jumped up and climbed onto Sarafina's shoulder

"No, it's alright. I have faith that you've gotten strong enough compared to before, but after this is done. I want a chance to talk to you, alright?" Ichiryu asked her with a soft, yet serious tone. Sarafina nodded her head and some splashing was heard from behind and Sarafina tuned to sense the hunter paddle up to the shore line. "Took you long enough, Toriko." Ichiryu said, glancing back towards the younger man. "That's because you were skipping over the water like a lizard." Toriko responded, slightly annoyed.

"But it WAS pretty cool though. You have to admit that much." Sarafina said excitedly. Even though the jumps were high it wasn't bad compared to before on everything else. "Meh. Not really..." Toriko replied nonchalantly, clearly not impressed and bursting her excitement. She pouted a bit as the older man scolded Toriko a bit, "Hey, hey! No need to be like that! That's no way to treat a lady." Ichiryu cleared his throat for a moment then continued, "I can teach you how to do that. I'm pretty sure a certain someone would like it~~~" Oh great. Now he's bringing HER into his teasing? Again? "No thanks." Toriko replied as he started to remove his shirt. "That'd be a waste of time."