Chapter 6: The Battle Wolf part 1

The men looked down at where the creature came from and saw its footprints. The print looked like some kind of trident only smaller. "That guy's foot prints..they weren't here when we got here. In other words... it came from the sea. Passing through the 1000 meter deep sea. There's a living thing like that?" Toriko asked as he helped the blind woman to her feet. She was quite shaken but none the worse for wear. "Its not a living thing." Coco told him.

"Eh?" Toriko went as Coco finished by say, "That guy just now was...not a living creature!" The simple statement made the group stare at him, dumbfounded. Wait... was that thing...a robot? Sarafina bit back a laugh. Of course, it was. That's why she couldn't sense anything. How stupid could she be for not being able to figure it out sooner. So useless. "Sarafina...are you alright?" Coco asked as he walked over to her. Sarafina nodded. "Y...yes, I am... just...a little shaken up...but I'm fine now. Please don't worry about me." She said in her normal, cheery voice.

"Are you sure you're okay? I never seen you looked so scared" Komatsu asked her. Again she shook her head, smiling all the same. "No, I'm fine. I think it took some of my hair, but that's okay. I'm still here, aren't I? What's a few strands missing going to do, huh?" She giggled. Toriko laughed hard at that as Coco ruffled her hair a bit and said, "I'm glad your alright, Sarafina." Smiling brightly, she nodded. Well, it's not all bad...these three were good people. Even if that thing did try to hurt her...even if she could see it, Sarafina knew they wouldn't let it touch her.

*Some time later*

The group finally left the cavern, but were greeted with a gruesome sight. The bandits and poachers that were waiting on standby were found dead. Based on their injuries, and remembering that thing they saw in the lagoon, they were killed by it not too long ago. They must've attacked without thinking. While she hated the loss of life, unfortunately Sarafina could not find any sympathy for these people. They got what they deserve, she thought to herself. "Mew!" A small meow came in. Sarafina turned and sensed Kururu's energy. She let out a relieved sigh as she bent down. "Kururu." She called out. The small kitten jumped up and nuzzled against her. "Thank goodness you're okay." Sarafina said. The kitten licked her face and took her place on her shoulder.

Soon after the group heard helicopters coming their way. They were from the IGO and were probably here for Toriko and Coco, needing them for something no doubt. However, Kiss had arrived just before them and Coco was quick to leave. But not before bidding them farewell and hoping that they'll meet again.

"Komatsu-kun...Sarafina...Though it was a short trip.. I'm really glad I met you." Coco told them as the group got ready to say their goodbyes and go their separate ways. Toriko stood nearby with some of the devil serpent meat. He wouldn't stop talking about it all the way back from the beach! "Coco-san! Me too! I became really diligent! Thank you very much!" Komatsu said excitedly, clenching his fists in happiness. Sarafina smiled wide. Really these two. If they ever formed a pair they'd make one VERY interesting team. If she were to stick around, she wouldn't mind continuing to tag along and see what adventures they would have. The girl's gotta admit; ever since meeting these two, things have been anything but dull! "Next time, I'll show up at your restaurant." The poison man told him, putting a hand on his hip. That seemed to send the little guy even higher on cloud 9.

"Yes! Please come any time! The best full course will be waiting!" The chef told him even more excitedly. "I'll be looking forward to it." Coco turned towards her. "I hope the next time we meet, you can tell me how you're able to see so well." She blinked for a second before smiling again. "Yes. I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have." Coco smiled at that. "I look forward to it." Turning towards the other hunter the two said nothing for a few seconds before the poison man said, "See ya... Toriko. Soon, we'll probably meet again."