Chapter 11: The Regal Mammoth part 3. An ally

Rin put up her arms and cowered a bit in instinct to protect herself, even while knowing the act itself was useless. After cautiously opening an eye, she saw that all the animals that were standing there mere minutes before had all vanished. A second later, the shirtless hunter went to a knee, panting hard. "To..Toriko! Are you alright?!" Though she really didn't need to ask, anyone with eyes could see that the man was in terrible shape, what with the way he was kneeling and using his hands to keep himself up. 

"That..that was dangerous..without thinking, I was really almost at a point where I swooped down... As I thought, battlefre is dangerous.." Rin was in her own world she mused she wouldn't mind if the hunter swooped down on her. Kururu freed herself from Rin's hold and walked up to Toriko. Wondering if he was okay. To him, Rin said, "But that was amazing, Toriko! They all ran away in an instant!" The tired hunter replied back wearily, "Intimidation is...is a thorough means of threatening. It can be said it's an action used to avert meaningless fights. But this time...battle wasn't avoided. One animal still remains!"

Looking at the field to see a lone animal standing there. Obsaurus, level 28, stood out there growling. The beast was roughly large as a tank, 8 legs with a long serpentine tail. A monstrous-looking mammal with green leathery skin, sharp fangs, four horns, two heads connected at the skull and two blue eyes belonging to each face. It has a peculiar maw with a single large forked tongue which is shared by both its mouths. This never ends, does it? 

"Eh.. Isn't that.." Rin started as Toriko finished, " The Obsaurus. It will give a ride to someone stronger as an owner. Furthermore, until a stronger person appears, it will faithfully carry out its owner's orders. Maybe if it's owner is a GT robo, it's orders are something like to co fine us. The idea to not run away from my intimidation could also have been told to it by the owner's merit. Interesting." The hunter smirked before he continued. "From here, I'll become the owner. The GT robo and me, we can find out which has higher merit. " Rin got an excited happy look on her face as she asked, "Then, do you want me to shoot the Battle Fragrance again? You'll fight without reserve?" That ain't happening any time soon. Giving her a slight look he replied, "No..that's ok."

~A while later~

The two huffed and puffed as the obsaurus rode them out of the white forest. Toriko was completely exhausted, having Battle Fragrance used on him again just to subdue the animal. "In the end you used Battle Fragrance.." The hunter told Rin, trying to recover his lost energy. "There really was no helping it since this guy didn't listen to anything we said at all." Rin replied cheerfully. Looking down at the beast Toriko continued. "That's the problem. This guy's owner was a GT robo! It corresponds with his true merit!"

'Shit..the battlefre is overdoing it, and what's more it's completely exhausting... My physical power at full throttle would be about 50-60%' The large man thought to himself as they neared the next stage of this place. As he was now, he doesn't think he can oppose the mammoth or robot. Another thing that was bugging him was the planned kidnapping of the blind woman when he was fighting that other robot.

What did they want with her? What did she take from them? Would they try it again? Chances were pretty good that there will be future attacks but the question was this: would Sunny help? Just look at what it took to get to cooperate for the Rock Drum. (Even though he kinda half assed it) Toriko looked over at Kururu and knew that he wasn't the only one worried. Kururu was adamant on getting back to her owner. He had sensed the close bond between from the start. He gently placed his hand on her head to try and comfort her. And surprisingly, Kururu rubbed against him. Guess, she needed it.

He ignored Rin as she compliented that he was strong. No...before he could worry about any of those things they had to get through this next obstacle. "Don't lose focus, Rin." Toriko told her as they neared a canyon with very tall pillars of rock. "Okay!" The girl said as he continued. "The evil spirits won't wait! Devil athletics...! First we have to cross over here!" He hoped Sarafina, Komatsu and Sunny would be alright...