Chapter 31: Ice Hell part 6

As the smoke cleared the three of them were shocked at the sight. There stood Toriko, smoking a bit and the only thing lost in the explosion was his shirt. The creepy smile the bug man had only got creepier as he laughed and then said, "Your clothes were caught right in the explosion, and were blown oooff!? Hahahaha! Hey, can you fight without insulated clothi-ng, Toriko?"

"Don't worry. Because in just a second I'm gonna pound your funny looking face in." The hunter informed him as Match walked up from behind saying, "That's rash, Toriko." Toriko glanced behind to see the vice boss had removed his shirt and was holding it out to him. "In these below freezing conditions... You can't fight without a rider suit... Use mine..."

"Match.." Toriko said, looking at him in slight surprise. Despite the gallant gesture even Sarafina could sense him shaking from the cold. The bug man said nothing as he watched on. "I want to fight with you, but unfortunately, I... Much less than lending you a hand, I'd be holding you back... It's humiliating but... This is all I can do to help..." The vice boss finished.

The hunger was silent as he stared at the scarred man before glancing over to his companions and saw that their fights are over. Without warning the bugs started to head towards them. "! To..Toriko behind you!" Match explained, panic clearly in his voice. "Match..." Toriko said calmly as he walked over, unaffected by the fact that the insects were heading their way. A gentle look was on Toriko's face as he continued. "You did well.. Thank you."

Sarafina smiled softly at the blue-haired man. Just like him, not to be fazed at all by the oncoming attack and thanked Match and the others for the pain they had taken. A giggle escaped her when she saw the surprised look the scarred man had in his soul. Toriko placed a hand on Match's shoulder and told him, "You use the rider suit... I don't need it."

The wind brought a very unusual scent over to her. Eh? Why...did it smell like a forest? And where was it coming from? "Toriko..." Match said, noticing the smell as well and thought it was like being in a forest. Both Match and Sarafina noticed at that exact moment that bugs, which weren't that far from the men, stop and just sat there, staring at them. What? Why weren't they attacking?

Glancing over to the men once again, Sarafina had the feeling that the scent she was getting was involved in the strange behaviour and that Toriko was the cause. Tommyrod had a strange dark crazy look as he looked over to his fallen comrades. "What is this..." He started before he shouted in anger and disbelief. "What!? Did you lose, you guuuys?!" The shout snapped the two men out of their conversation and quickly looked over to the bug man as his face darken even more. "I don't need you any more. The most you can be is food for the bugs." Tommyrod said coldly.

What did he just say?! Yes these men were scumbags but they were his companions! Didn't he have any compassion towards them?! Her eyes widen as he pointed his finger towards them and the bugs quickly headed over. No...wait! They were still alive! Match exclaimed in shock, "Hey, they're not dead yet!" Toriko's face darken and clenched his fists clench before he gave a loud roar.

Once again Match felt the force as it quickly destroyed the bugs before it reached the group. Steam rose up from the hunter's body as he glared darkly at the bug man. "Thank your comrades a little for the fighting they've done." Tommyrod said nothing, just stared at the hunter. The vice-boss watched on in shock, trying to figure out what just happened and why the very air shook for a moment. And the air, it was so hot! Was it coming from Toriko's body?!

Tommy gave a chuckle before replying, "How childish.." A bug started to emerge from his mouth and got a cold expression. "Guys who don't do their job are just trash. So isn't it fine to kill them?" The bug man's throat and mouth bulged in a way that resembled of that a frog, but it didn't make it any less disgusting.