Chapter 3: Puffer Whale part 1

A short minute passed, and the men snapped out of their shock and flew to Coco's home. Once inside, the group settled in while Coco poured four drinks. Of course, Sarafina offered to help, but Coco told her she didn't have to since she was a guest. Kururu had transformed back to her kitten form and was now resting by one of the windows. "Wow. So you've decided that the fruit of the rainbow is your dessert entry. Haha, I told you the right thing." He carried the drinks from the kitchen to the table where everyone was sitting before continuing. "Well...I really like your choice. The taste that changes seven times is quite interesting and gets even better in the end. But on the contrary the meat dish should be something fundamental, thick and heavy, am I right?"

"Um, Coco...? I don't think he's even listening at the moment." Sarafina told him as the giant hunter practically inhaling the food while saying between bites, "Yeah, I think so." He could have something else, but it was lost in the food somewhere. Oh, well. He chuckled lightly. "I noticed Sarafina-san."

"Oh no, please. Don't be so formal, just call me Sarafina." She said as she took a sip of her tea. When introductions first began, he too was taken by surprised to learn that Sarafina was, not only blind, but also an experienced Gourmet Hunter, and had been for sometime. Coco was stunned, but he was also intrigued to figure out how she's able to 'see' and do what she's capable of. 'But however you see it, that's a very indecent etiquette.' The brown-eyed man thought to himself as he watched Toriko eat.

"Hey Coco (Wow this is good stuff) did you think I would (Oh fluffy boar meat) come to see you just to tell you that?" Toriko asked between mouthfuls of food. "Come now, Toriko. Speak your mind AFTER you've finished eating."  Sarafina said. Honestly, there's only so much impoliteness that can be tolerated. Not only is he making a mess, he's also speaking between mouthfuls. Coco calmly took a sip of his drink and asked, "Here to request for assistance? Is it about the Puffer Whales after all?"

"Yep, that's it!" Toriko said simply as he kept on eating. "Coco-san..are you...are you able to remove the poison sack in the Puffer Whale?" Komatsu asked. Sarafina was wondering the same thing, when she suddenly felt chills down her back and became even paler than she already was as she'd briefly sensed something from Coco. On Komatsu's end, he noticed the upper part of Coco's face had turned to a dark purple color. Eh? What was that? Komatsu stared at it as Coco quickly covered that part of his face and said, "Ah...oops, forgive me. Komatsu-kun, you were a chef at Hotel Gourmet, right? Can you handle the Puffer whale?"

"Oh...well, yes. I have once." He said. "Puffer Whales are also called 'Daphnia Whales', and as the name suggest, their size is as small as normal pufferfish. And because of that there are a lot of cooks who handle them in the same way as pufferfish. And so when Puffer Whales come out in the market every sixteen years, about 100,000 people die of food poisoning." Coco told him. "The poison Puffer Whales have a lethal dose of .2mg nerve poison. It's one of the most poisonous even in nature."

"And once the poison sack erupts and the content leaks, not one bit of the whale can be eaten. Though, there are a few who would but..." Sarafina said, remembering on what she knows about the whales and their poison. "Exactly. I will tell this. The probability of capturing them without breaking the poison sack for is about half. One in two will turn poisonous. And the probability to remove the sack without breaking it is ⅕. Have you mistaken who to make your request to?" Coco asked.

"You're good enough." Toriko said with a carefree smile. Hmph, Sarafina was beginning to like this man's spirit. "The probability of succeeding for me is none! There isn't a single way for me to capture that delicate thing and then cook it!" He had a good point. If he trusts Coco to know what he was doing, then capturing it should be easy, right? "There is some more bad news." Here we go.