Chapter 30: Ice Hell part 5

The bone man stalked over to his victim until he was right in front of Takimaru with his sickle and weight in hand. "What I still need to do is put the finishing stab into you." Bogie said as he suddenly stabbed the young man in his chest with his sickle. Blood spewed from the wound and spattered onto Bogie's face as the man smirked at him before telling the young man, "So long." The smirk quickly dropped from Bogie's face when Takimaru's expression didn't change. The bone man stared at him, Takimaru said, "It made it... The pre-shot routine.."

That set Bogie off. "Wh...what?! No way... This is a fatal wound, isn't it?!" Bogie growled at him as he bared his teeth. "The charm I just did..." Takimaru started to explain calmly. "Isn't for making my techniques stronger...! It was a pre-shot routine done to sustain my concentration absolutely unflinchingly regardless of any pain I feel...!" He punched his fist into his palm.

"Your concentration gets too easily broken. So before your techniques, use that..."

"This is my final attack..!" Takimaru said in brilliant confidence. Bogie stared a bit then got a cocky grin before replying. "...Fu...fu.. No matter what you think... It's just the last of the attacks that we know are useless, isn't it?! Haven't you learned they don't work?!"

"The one who needs to learn is you...that I haven't performed a single useless attack.." Takimaru told him, thinking back to what Bogie himself had said earlier in the fight. Even with all those bones and joints, the young knight had wondered to himself earlier, he said he could enter most. Did that mean...did that mean there were creatures he couldn't enter? If so, did that mean there were bones that couldn't be removed?

Realisation slowly dawned on the bone man as Takimaru continued. "With all the Corkscrew Shots I threw.. I realised you were delicately sliding something away from the point that I hit." Eh? He did? Damn freak. Bogie suddenly noticed that he had cut too deeply into his enemy, meaning he would have to yank out his hand with some trouble.

A sharp look appeared on the young man's face. "Is there something there? Something like a bone you don't want dislodged?" Takimaru's questions seemed to nerve him a bit. Guess that meant yes. Unnerved him enough to use the hand with weight and hit him full in the face, forcing his head back. Being unfazed by the attack, Takimaru continued. "I found it." Putting his fists on a spot Takimaru shouted, "Its heere!!!" as his arms twisted like a corkscrew while Bogie grunted in pain. "Pop out!" He shouted, finishing his attack.

Something appeared to literally pop OUT of his opponent as Bogie yelled in agony. "This...this braat..!!" Bogie's body stood there as it shivered, stuck in a pose. "He...he took out my sacrum...!" An inverted triangle located in the centre of the pelvis that's key for the skeletal structure and the foundation of the spinal support. If a slippage in the sacrum occurs, then slips in the spine and neck also occur and it experts negative influence on the flow of blood and lymph and various other parts of the body. Truly, it is beyond sustaining the health of the body, it is a bone that serves as the basis for the body.

Panting in exhaustion, Takimaru spoke. "I knew it was there... The sacrum...! The foundation that supports your 4,000 bones...! Its shape is different from the kind commonly found, though..."

"Not just the shape.. The place as well... My sacrum isn't in my pelvis...!" Bogie started to panic. "With just that much attacking and defending you found the location of my sacrum..!" The knowledge itself wasn't that surprising. What was surprising was the young man's strength of will...! While having taken all that damage to make his technique work successfully, that guy must have some real power of concentration.

It was done! He did it! Takimaru won! And giving thanks and an apology for his dear master, exhaustion overcame Takimaru and he fell flat on his face. Although he won, he believed he failed in gaining the soup. How disappointed he must be. To come this far and get like this when his goal is not far. But as he was feeling that he couldn't repay his debt to Aimaru, a familiar voice echoed through his head. "Just rest, Takimaru. You did great. Don't not fret about the Century Soup. I'm sure things will turn out alright." Sarafina's voice told him gently. His face become more softer and relieved upon hearing those words, and slipped into unconsciousness.