Chapter 38: The IGO President

Start from the beginning

His expression was a little hard to read. It was a mixture of stunned surprise and slight shock. "You're...after God too.." Toriko started but Ichiryu seemed to try to wave it off. "Nah, forget it. Forget whatever I just said."

"You mean... Are you telling me..?" Toriko continued to try but got the response of, "Forget it." Sarafina was looking down. Eyes wide and body shaking all over. It's true...the rumours were true...! God was going to reappear...! 'It's true! I have to get God! No matter what!' Sarafina thought to herself. The blonde-haired man stared at her a bit as Toriko got a sharp penetrating look as he finished. "You're saying that the news that God would appear within the next few years...is true!" Toriko said.

The two didn't even appear to be bothered with water dripping down their faces. Ichiryu reached over onto the table and got one of the cigar barks that Toriko smokes and snapped his fingers to light it. "In Acacia's later years... He took on three disciples.. To leave his teachings on food to the world." The older man started then took a deep puff of the cigar and exhaled the smoke as he continued. "Phew.. I'm one of 'em!"

That surprised Toriko big time. "! Huh?!" Toriko exclaimed in surprise. The other man continued on. "The second is Knocking Master Jiro. And the third..is the current boss of Gourmet Corp." Now THAT was surprisingly disturbing. "What?! Gourmet Corp?!" Toriko exclaimed in surprise again. Then he quickly looked at the other man. "Wait! Just how old are You?!" Toriko just caught on to his astonishing old age?

"Acacia made any and every food available to us. But starting with God, everything pertaining to his own full course meal.. He kept from us. Acacia knew...that the food capable of stopping a war...could also start a war."

"Of course. Anything that could bring peace could be the very same tool to start the next war. Unfortunately." Sarafina commented, quietly cause this wasn't exactly her business. She failed to notice the slight twitch of Ichiryu's lips as the information sunk into the hunter. "God...could start wars?" Toriko asked in shock.

"God heralded in the age of go. Even if those who knew it's taste passed on... It's legacy could never be erased. Meaning that some people would stop at nothing to acquire God. Including people like you, Toriko. Me, I just want to prevent war. That's my duty as Acacia's disciple. I think of it as my greatest and final duty in the age of gourmet."

"Old man..." Toriko said quietly then got some sort of strange blank look in his eyes. This stubborn old coot wasn't going to go anywhere just yet. So he should relax. Ichiryu continued to speak. "Today.. Before that big, final job starts.. I wanted to see you one more time, Toriko. Coco, Sunny and Zebra too. Heh heh. I'll never forget your little faces...from those good old days. You boys...are going to be the pillars of the next age of gourmet!" A slight half smile grazed Toriko's lips as he wore a slight reminiscent expression.

Then it quickly went into a familiar cocky smirk. "Oh please. You've already retired from your position as "top" of the age of gourmet. All your meals are delivered to you and your arms have gotten flabby." Toriko told him as he careless waved a hand.

"That's the start of smack talk, Toriko. Be careful..." Sarafina tried to warn but she glared at him in annoyance as he brushed off her words. "The four kings are already the pillars of this age. If it's God you want.." Toriko hot a cocky look on his face as he boldly exclaimed, "I'll find it for you! You just relax, old man! Ow! What was that for?!" Toriko grumbled, rubbing his shoulder on the spot where Sarafina had smacked him. "Who said he was retiring, you fool?! You just spoke out a lot of smack talk! You better be able to back this up!" Sarafina scolded at him. "Of course he is! He just said so! I can totally back those words! When I get God you owe me an apology!"