Chapter 38: The IGO President

Start from the beginning

Sitting the chair, was a tan-skinned older man with blonde hair and a long blonde moustache. He wore a pair of sunglasses and leopard print shirt and pants. "What's plain about it? Rainbow fruit itself is so alcoholic that it's downright tacky!" The older man replied. Like he should talk! "Then what do you call that shirt?!" Toriko growled as he plopped down in a chair.

Sarafina smiled and shook her head in amusement as she sat down. The older man took the bottle from the table and grasped it, using a finger to pop off the cork with ease right into his mouth. "Heh heh. I've heard what you've been up to Toriko." The older man told him as he poured some of the wine up. "Don't eat the cork." Toriko told him in a "for real?" tone. The woman raised an eyebrow as the other man continued to talk.

"You've hunted down rainbow fruit, puffer pig, wonder meat, G1 corn and emerald soup. Right?" Just what the heck did he just rattle off? "Wrong! Other than the rainbow fruit, you got it all wrong!" The younger hunter shouted angrily. Sarafina gave off a small giggle as she listened to them talk. "So young lady. I don't believe we exchanged names." The woman blinked a bit when he turned his attention to her. Sarafina quickly became nervous and was filled with dread. She slightly hesitated before telling him.

"I'm...Sarafina." She replied politely and blinked in silent fear again when he glared, at least she believed he glared when he turned to face Toriko. "Why didn't you introduce the lovely lady sooner?! How rude!" The older man scolded Toriko a bit with the hunter retorting back, "You already know right? The whole situation I mean."

"That's beside the point! I'm Ichiryu, the IGO president."

"Nice to meet you." Sarafina started. She was so confused right now. What is going on here? "What's in the box? Smells good." The older man asked, looking at the box in her hands. Oh! She almost forgot about the cookies! "I didn't know what to bring so I made some cookies... But judging from everything else...you might not like them.." Sarafina said with crestfallen tone.

"Most likely it won't suit your taste, old man." Toriko rumbled a bit and tried not to smile at the glare the woman gave him. "Stop your pouting! I'll make another batch just for you, you big baby." Sarafina told at him as she nervously passed the box of treats over to the older man...who ate them all in one bite. "Did you even taste them?" Sarafina asked amazed even though the hunter complained bout not getting one. "Not bad. Pretty tasty."

"Thanks. I just did simple ones because I didn't know what you'd like." Ichiryu chuckled a bit and gave a list of possibilities that wasn't gonna happen... "Anyway, I always love to hear you've been busy." Ichiryu started, clearing changing the topic to before, taking a sip from his cup. "Mm, this drink goes down easy." A split second later he spat it out quickly exclaiming, "Pyaah! The alcohol's too strong."

"You're not a big drinker, remember?!" Toriko angrily shouted at him before reaching for his own drink. "Sheesh. What'd you call us here for anyway? Do you want us to catch something?" This felt like a weird game going on with the old man. He brought the two out here for something important. She could think of a few things but only one stood out the most. That God ingredient. But things remain to be seen. But Sarafina desperately hoped it was God. She needed to capture that ingredient.

"Heh heh. Don't jump the gun, Toriko. I'm not so sure you can capture what I'm looking for." That sounded an awful like a taunt. The hunter calmly finished his drink then got a sly look. "I'll bite. What's the lucky food?" Toriko inquired glancing at the older man. Ichiryu said nothing for a moment then said abruptly, "God! More or less." Yes! Sarafina totally called. Some large animal that slightly resembled a large seal, splashed in the front of them and getting them wet from the droplets. Kururu flinched at the sudden contact of water and scurried away. Sarafina wiped a little out of her face but the hunter was transfixed onto the older man.