Chapter 37: Hope. God. And Toriko's sweet house.

Start from the beginning

Komatsu, who watched the whole thing nervously a bit, inquired to the hunter, "Is that how...Takimaru's disease transferred over to Aimaru-san?" Toriko, glad for a distraction of the question, took a another quick swing of his beer and replied, "Not even Aimaru could fully heal him. That's how lethal the diseases of the gourmet world are. Part of the virus is still in his left eye. But he's not in danger of dying anymore." That man got all but a small bit out? He must be something else. Her rage cooled a bit at those words. At least someone gave a damn.

"Takimaru-san always said that he owed Aimaru-san his life. Now I see why he became a member of the Gourmet Knights." Komatsu said as the larger man got what appeared to a disapproving look expression. Interesting. "Thing is, after chowing down on nasty bacteria and viruses for so many years, Aimaru's body has accumulated a lot of poisons. That idiot. Now the tables have turned, and Aimaru's under attack by disease." Komatsu said nothing for a moment before speaking/asking, "But he's better now thanks to that cure all, right?"

"I don't know how much it healed him. Apparently he was reluctant about even taking it."

"Me Neither. No matter where you go, they're being stubborn about one thing or another..." Sarafina grumbled as she took one of the beer bottles, opened it and chugged it down. Hoping that the alcohol would help calm her down. It did, and she let out a rather tired sigh then blinked as Toriko ruffled her hair soothingly. "Calm down, little kitty. The Gourmet Knights are-."

"For all natural materials, I understand...but still. The medicine Takimaru had obtained was all natural." Sarafina said. Toriko chuckled then explained exactly all that went down with the two Knights. So the stubborn Aimaru was about to roll over then Takimaru gave the message the hunter told him just before he left.

"A message? What did you tell him, Toriko-San?!"

"Please be calm, Komatsu. There's no need to shout." The blind woman gently chided him. The hunter popped the cork off the newest bottle and chugged a bit, some of the liquid running down his chin. And here he said he wasn't a kid. "Whew. Not much." Toriko wiped his chin off with the back of his hand. "I don't believe you. What did you say to him to convince him to change his mind?" Sarafina grinned cheekily as the larger man scowled a bit before switching over to a know it all look as he replied, "I just told him about the entree in gourmet God Acacia's full course meal. That God is supposed to appear in the next couple of years!"

The statement shocked Matsu even more ten before cause he all but bellowed out, "G...God?! Do you really mean it?! I mean, does God exist?!"

"Dummy, keep your voice down. It's just a rumour." Toriko rumbled out in slight irritation. "A rumour?" The chef asked more quietly this time. "You're easily excitable Komatsu. One of these days you're gonna give yourself a heart attack." Sarafina commented, noticing Toriko was lost in his thoughts. Wonder what memory was floating around him. Sarafina smiled at him as she travels down memory lane as well.

She meant want she said. No matter how desperate or grim things become there is always hope. Even in her most darkest, and bleakest moment in her life, she still held onto her hope...and because of that she met her grandfather who gave her a reason to live.

At Life

"Honestly you two! How many times do I have to tell you to keep your hands OUT of the soup?!" Sarafina scolded the two as the three headed towards Yosaku's lab. She rode on Toriko's back and the kitten traveled up ahead of them to keep the soup away from them. "We can't help it! The soup taste sooo good!" Komatsu tried to explain but it fell on deaf ears. The two snuck a taste of the soup on the way off of the train.

The chef originally was carrying it but the blind woman had her kitten confiscated it on the grounds of they might eat it before Sunny and Yosaku get to try it. "Don't be stingy! Sarafina! I wanna another taste! Ow!" Toriko whined as he pulled his hand, which got scratched cause he tried to open the soup, back rubbing the spot. "Show some restraint! Much as I want it I think saving some for the others would taste better! That and I'm sure that whatever expression you're making those slurry voices are frightening people.."