Book

The King yawned softly, curled into Cross's lap as the Codebreaker was reading a new book he got from an AU.

The monochrome monster didn't say where, and NM didn't press the matter. Though the thing that lightly worried him was that the loyal servant wasn't showing him what type of book it was...

He just kept saying that it was a dull book, something that he wouldn't find interesting. It was bugging him... And it didn't help that he had a nightmare the night prior.

Nightmare really was trying to ignore his dream and the increasing paranoia he was feeling, but not being told what the book was... It wasn't helping him...

It really wasn't...

"So..." He started slowly, pretending not to really care. "What is it about? Any deaths?" He nuzzled the taller's chest, who simply chuckled.

"Night, what did we talk about last month?" There was a soft chill in the white wearing skeleton's voice, one that made the other unnoticeably wince.

The month prior they "talked" about Night's habit of slyly trying to get information from people, or simply manipulate them... That month was almost deadly...

"I-I forgot..." He truthfully told, his body lightly stiffening.

Cross raised a hand and gently rubbed his lover's head. He didn't mind that, besides, he knew it was an extremely old habit that would die hard.

"Don't worry, My King, I'm not upset and you won't get a punishment." He glanced from his book to the body below him, seeing the "Great King of Fear" shiver into him. "Besides, I know you meant no harm in it." A chuckle left his lips.

They didn't really say anything else, NM just looking away towards the large set doors in front of them.

He knew no one else was in the Castle. They all were out exploring the new AUs or simply spending time with some other Sanses... This only left him and his servant... A servant who could do whatever he wants with him...

Mentally shaking away the dark thought, he pressed the side of his skull into the bigger's chest. He was still tired... He didn't get much sleep after he woke up...

Cross didn't need to know that. He just needs to know that his King was fine, and he was... Hopefully.