| dear lizzie... | ~ ge weasley

Start from the beginning

George rolls his eyes, "Alright."

"I know he's your boyfriend, but he deserves that." I whisper to Lizzie, who's looking at his boyfriend that is looking right at her too. She looks at me, agreeing, "He does. I caught him eyeing Chang yesterday! And the fact, she was flirting with him too!"

I gasp loudly, thankfully Snape didn't hear me, I pull up my sleeve jokingly, "Want me to beat them up? Those bloody idiots!"

She shakes her head with a smile evident on her face, "No need, love." Then she looks at me alarmingly and coughs on her sleeve. I bit my lip looking around the classroom and Snape was writing on the chalkboard then he turns to us, hearing my sister coughing. "Miss Gregory, should I excuse you from my classroom?"

"If you don't mind, Professor. Can my sister, please, come with me?" She says in between coughs, George looks over wearily at his lover, I shot him a calming look saying that she will be fine, not wanting to raise any worry in his mind. Then Snape nods, the both of us got up from the table and ran outside and to the loo. I grab all the books from her hand and when we reached the loo. I immediately locked the door, "Alohomora."

Placing the books down on the counter, she takes her mouth off the sleeve and sees blood on her sleeve, I sigh grabbing a handkerchief from my robe and handing to her. "You really need to stay home, Lizzie. The nurses told you to get some rest. So, you can get better."

Her face faltered, looking down at her sleeve and at the mirror, reaching for her brown hair which started to diminish every passing day, a tear streams down her cheek, "I'm not getting better, Annie. Can't you see that? I just have days before I die! I want to be here with you, my boyfriend, and my friends! I don't want to me in quarantine at home where mum might lock me in my room in hopes of I magically get cured from this sickness. There is no cure! I'm going to die, okay? So, forgive me if I'm being selfish, I just want to see everyone before I pass..."

I was leaning on the wall, my hand on the sink, tears streaming down my eyes. I didn't want to believe this, I refuse to believe her. This isn't true. I couldn't deal with this. This might not be the best move but I didn't want to deal with this anymore, I don't want to see her die and keep lying to my friends on how she's just doing fine and I couldn't do it. I can't. So, I ran out the door, breaking off the spell, the last thing I saw was her falling down to the floor, bursting into more tears on how I just ran out her. Hopefully, she understands why I ran out.

The next day, entering the common room, I spot her on the sofa cuddling with George, I frown turning away from them before they spot me. "Hey Annie." I hear and turn around to see Harry. He grabs the pile of books that I'm carrying and places it down on the table, but I shake my head, "On second thought, I'm going back to the library. I don't wanna be here. Thank you, Harry." I reach to grab the books but he smiles at me. "I've got it."

I chuckle, leading the way out the common room and we walk together to the library. "Thank you, Harry. Where's Hermione and Ron?" I ask him.

He shrugs, "Ron's teaching Hermione to play Wizard's chess." I laugh, raising an eyebrow in fascination. Harry laughs, "Exactly!"

"Who blood knew?"

"Who bloody knew indeed."

The last time I saw her was when she was with George promising that she would go on a date with him to Hogsmeade. She came to me sadly, knowing she might sadly not make it to the date. So, we had a plan concocted. Only one person knew about it and it was Harry. The plan was for me to pretend to be her making up an excuse on why I'm not attending for a week is that I have fallen ill which gives me a week to pretend to be her until I say that my sister has to go to boarding school in Asia, they have no idea about her passing. My sister wanted her death to be just family.