"Ya, me neither." Ryan said with the same uncertainty in his voice. Ryan walked out of the bathroom and to his room to get ready. He dug through one of the last boxes he had to unpack to find a flannel, but instead he pulled out a crumpled up picture. He opened it to reveal an old family photo taken a few months before they ran away.

"Ryan! Hurry up!" Matt called from the kitchen.

"Coming." Ryan yelled back and shoved the picture back into the box and grabbed his flannel.

  Matt blasted the music in his car as he drove down the streets of philadelphia and to West Valley High. "So? Are you going to tell me the real reason why you snuck out last night?" Matt asked, breaking the silence.

"I already told you, I was out meeting my friends-"

"Cut the bullcrap." Matt interrupted. "Mya might have bought that story but im not. No way you made friends in one day who wanted to hang out at midnight." Ryan opened his mouth to say something but Matt knew he was just going to lie again. "The truth Ryan. Or I will inforce Mya's punishment."

"I told you the goddamn truth!" Ryan yelled as he crossed his arms and sunk into his seat. Matt turned to Ryan and his eyes glowed a light red. Ryan shifted in his seat uncomfortably and tried to avoid eye contact. "That, that's the truth. I-I promise."

"Ryan!" Matt yelled as his eyes turned a darker shade of red.

"Okay!" Ryan squeaked. "I was out on a hunt." He mumbled.

"What!" Matt yelled. "Speak up because I thought you said your were out on a hunt!"

"Just listen to me, I have a good reason." Ryan begged.

"You better or else i'm telling Mya."

"No! Pleses! She'll kill me!" Ryan begged in a high little boy voice.

"Then you better have a good explanation." Matt told him.

There was a long pause before Ryan decided to speak. "When I fainted from missing just one feeding it proved to me how weak I really am."

"What are you talking about?" Matt asked. "You're probably the strongest kid in the whole school, next to me of course."

"There are kids in my grade who are a foot taller than me! Like always i'm the shortest and the skinniest kid in the whole school. I'm just tired of it. If I drank more blood I would be ripped and popular and every girl would be interested in me."
Matt let his little brother's words sink in, he related to the kid, being way too scrawny for his age, but regardless of starving from blood, Matt was rather tall and attractive. Where his little brother looked like an elementary school student. "Ryan, I get that, but you can't just drink blood whenever you want."

"Why? You do it sometimes. And it's not human."

"Ryan i'm a lot bigger than you, and I'm going to be turning eighteen soon. My cravings are up so sometimes I go hunting to keep my urges down. But your still a kid. You shoulnt be killing or drinking any more blood than what's necessary to keep you alive."

"I know." Ryan sighed. "I'm just tired of being teased for being too small." Ryan stared down at his hands and avoided his brother's disappointing stairs.

Ryan heard Matt sigh and he expected another lecture from him. "When do you have a gym?" Matt asked randomly.

"Um, tomorrow?" Ryan said more as a question.

Matt looked over to Ryan and smirked. "You wanna shut them all up?" Matt asked. "Use your powers." Matt said simply.

"What?" Ryan exclaimed.