See You Again

This update is brought to you by the fact that I skipped dance tonight. Oops. Shhh ;) I think you'll all like this one- some sweet fluff to hopefully make you all smile. Comment and vote if you wish xxx
-ab

————————————————

July 9, 2027

Harper

"You look particularly happy today," Maia remarks to me, poking her head into my dressing room. "What's up?"

"Patrick comes in tonight, and it's 'Last Kiss' Day," I tell her with a smile.

"What's 'Last Kiss' Day?"

"July 9th. Taylor mentions the date in one of her songs, so now it's like a holiday for all of her fans."

"I still find it hilarious that you're on a first name basis with Taylor Swift," Maia giggles. "That sounds like a fun time."

"It is. But I'm more excited about Patrick, of course."

"Naturally," Maia replies. "That's so sweet of him to come out for your opening."

"Oh, I didn't give him a choice," I laugh. "Taylor is super sweet about letting us borrow her plane whenever we need to do that, so it's not that big of a deal, really. He just had to get off from work."

"He must really love you, though, if he is willing to fly the entire way across the ocean like he is. That's so sweet."

"Yeah, I guess it is," I reply. "I just can't wait for him to finally be here."

"Are you getting him from the airport tonight?"

"No, he's just getting an Uber. It's easier for both of us."

"Understandable," Maia nods. "Well, I had better go and get ready, and you should probably do the same. We are starting our first run of the day in half an hour."

"Oh, shoot, yeah," I nod. "Thanks. I'll see you out there."

"You too," Maia smiles, turning and walking out of my dressing room. She leaves me to myself, and I start on my makeup.

I've gotten quite quick at doing a basic face of stage makeup. I can do it in about ten minutes, which is quite good as I'm not naturally good at makeup.

When I'm all finished with that, I get into my wig and costume. Just as I'm finished, we are called to our places.

I know that it's going to be a long day, but it's all going to be worth it in the end, when my husband and I are cuddled up in the king-sized bed in Taylor's master bedroom, which she insisted that I sleep in, instead of the guest room.

After our third run-though of the day, we are given time to change back into our street clothes, then, the entire company is called in for a quick meeting. I sit down on the stage, next to Elise, and she puts her arm around me. "Sweet Harper," she smiles, "you're doing an absolutely brilliant job in this role."

I smile at her. Elise isn't old enough to be my mother, but she's very motherly in nature, so she has almost become like a second mother to me in these past few weeks. "Thanks, Elise."

Gabi gets all of our attention shortly, and begins to give notes.

"The show is coming along really nicely," she assures all of us. "So, before I let you go, I've got a schedule for the next few days."

She pulls a piece of paper out of her pocket and begins to read off of it.

"So tomorrow, which is Saturday, we are just going to do two runs of the show, so that will take from 1:00 until 7 or 8, probably. Then, you can all go home and actually sleep a bit. On Sunday, we are going to do an invited dress rehearsal, at our normal show time of 8:00. That will go just like any show would. You will be called at 7:30, and we will start at 8:01. You can all invite up to twenty guests, so just see me or one of the other creatives for any tickets that you will need before or after rehearsal tomorrow."

As Gabi seems to drone on, I begin to grow a bit fidgety, which causes Elise to laugh.

"You can't wait to see him, can you?" she whispers.

"I'm so excited," I tell her.

"You're really in love."

"He's the best thing in my life."

"Oh, young love. You're adorable, Harper."

I smile at Elise, then turn back to Gabi and listen for a bit longer.

Soon enough, she finishes up with all of the announcements.

"That should be everything," she tells us. "Now, go home and get some sleep. Be ready for two runs tomorrow. Goodnight everyone."

We all murmur a collective 'Thanks' to Gabi, then stand up and head back to our dressing rooms to grab our things.

I'm jittery as I leave the theatre. As I'm waiting for the subway to come, I get a text from Patrick.

Patrick: Just landed. I cannot wait to see you xxx

Harper: Yay! I can't wait either!

The train home seems to take forever. Back at Taylor's, the clock reads 11:20. I have a bit of time before Patrick shows up still. While I know that Gabi told us all to go sleep, I'm going to wait up for my husband.

About half an hour later, I hear a knock on the door.

I know what that means.

I instantly jump off of the couch and run to let him in.

"Patrick!" I exclaim, jumping right into his arms and placing a kiss on his lips.

"Harper, honey," he says, setting me back down on the ground, "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too," I say. "Come on in, and let's get you situated. How was your flight?"

"It was fine. Uneventful."

"That's the best way for it to be," I laugh. "Now, you're probably exhausted, and I am too. Come on, let's just cuddle and we can talk in the morning."

Patrick looks at me and pushes a strand of hair out of my face. "I was so hoping that you would suggest that."

I giggle and run towards the bed. I'm already changed into pyjamas and ready to go to sleep.

"Let me just get changed," Patrick says, as he's still in his travel clothes.

A few minutes later, he crawls into bed, next to me. I feel his arms wrap around my torso as he pulls me closer and I rest my head against his bare chest.

"I've missed this," I whisper to him. "I love you."

"I love you too," he replies, placing a kiss on the top of my head. "Now, let's get some sleep."

I nod, and snuggle in closer to my husband, and it isn't long before both of us drift off to sleep.