22

The shower rained down on top of my head like ice cold water. Luke stood behind me applying a hand full of conditioner onto his left hand.

    I looked back to see why he is taking so long to start washing my hair. "Luke my gosh that's way to much!" He looked down at his palm then looked up at my hair. "Luke don't do it." I said softly but he did, he slapped a big glob in the middle of my hair and began to rub it around sloppily.

   "Babe...babe...baaaabbbyy... I got this." He said laughing.

    I closed my eyes only letting the rest of my senses have fun. I suddenly felt luke push against me. He didn't stop massaging my scalp, he acted like nothing. One hand no longer massaged my scalp it reached around me and touched the middle of my flat pale tummy. Without a lot of pressure he pulled me close. Goose bumps appeared as my bottom became closer and closer to his body. I sealed my eyes shut, I smelled the sweet aroma from my conditioner linger around the shower mixing with the fog around us as the water got hotter.

    "Wait did you hear that?" My eyes shot open from the sound of Luke's voice.

     "Hear what?" I said trying to listen.

     "Shut the water off." I reached out and turned the knob to the right shutting off the water. I limped over to luke and hugged him from how cold it suddenly got.

      "How is it you always have so many visitors and its an apartment." I said wanting to laugh.

      "Luke!" Finally a voice yelled out from behind the door.

      "Shit." Luke whispered while quickly getting out of the shower. I followed unsure what was happening.

    "Don't you ever lock the door Luke." I said while watching him quickly dry himself off with a baby blue towel.

    "Its my mom, hurry get dressed!" Luke said yelling yet whispering.

    "Uhhh my clothes they are sitting on the bed Luke I'm not wearing those clothes that you threw in the hamper with the rest of your sweaty stuff." I placed my arms over my naked chest.

    "Shittttt!" Where is my clothes.

     "Luke?" The voice said again while tapping the door softly.

    "You really need to lock your door." I said while trying to look for a towel in his empty bathroom closet. "Tell her you will meet her outside or something." I said while nervously grazing my tongue along my braces.

   "Who is it." His voice was deep and loud traveling through the cracks between the door and the wall.

    "Its me...Gabby....I told you to meet me for breakfast." I could hear her voice get louder as if she is pressing her head against the door.

   Luke only covered by a towel around his waist opens the door. For my luck I stood there naked right in the direction she was looking. "Luke!" I yelled running slash limping behind the door.

    "Oh my gosh, Luke what are you doing." I could hear her voice muffled as if she covered her mouth with shock.

   "What does it look like Gabby, now why are you just walking into my apartment like this."

    Ignoring his question. "Luke Gretchen what will people think, college soccer player who is just going around and doing it with random women." Gabby's voice got concerned and desperate.

   "Its different if she's my girlfriend Gabe!" Luke yelled. I peeked out between the cracks of the door and see Gabby standing there in shock.

    "Don't you ever fucking call me Gabe Luke, you know damn well that's not my name." Her finger began to wag up and down in Luke's face.

   "Ahhh get the fuck out of here." Luke said walking past Gabby and into the bedroom. Gabby followed. I peeked my head out from behind the door and watched Gabby follow him out of the bedroom. I slowly limped out of the bathroom and walked over to where my clothes laid peacefully on the bed. I quickly slipped them on the limped out to the living room.

   "Luke look at all the problems that are happening I bet you its because of this chick Dereaba."

   "Delaney is her name and no it's not, it's because everyone just tries to find everything wrong with us."

    "Luke..." I said feeling burning tears scratching my eyes trying to crawl out.

    "Babe no, don't even do that, she's full of shit." I stood there and began to think of this whole roller coaster with Luke and all the people in his life that I got to meet.

   Luke walked over to me shirtless and hugged my waist.

   "Go." Luke said pointing at the door. "I'm going to be late to have dinner with my teammates."