"Thank god you're okay"

It's the end of summer, so Shawn and I decided to go hang with a few of our friends at a restaurant bar.

At the restaurant [10 PM]

My friend, Rachel, and I sat at the bar area, facing the bartender while Shawn is sitting with his other friend, Mike, in a table.

"I'll have one Piña colada please, no alcohol" I said as I told the bartender.

"Right, almost forgot you don't drink." Rachel said as she lifted a smile.

The bartender handed me my drink and Rachel's.

We were completely distracted by our surroundings because of our weird conversations.

I turned away, to face Shawn and see what he's doing. I know, I just can't help it, he's addicting.
I turned back, taking a sip from my drink.

A few minutes later...

Rachel was talking to me, I wasn't focusing, I felt like it was a dream– although it clearly wasn't.

"Woah" I said as I put my hand on my head while taking a step back, preventing me to fall.

"Sophia?" Rachel asked worriedly. "You okay?"

"I promise you: your head is the only thing spinning right now." I said with a shaky voice.

"Shawn!" Rachel called.

He saw me sitting and shaking from his seat, he then rushed immediately.

"Sophia?" He asked while he kneeled down towards me.

"Oh my god she's shaking, we were just chatting, what happened to her?" Rachel asked.

"I don't know.. I've never seen her like this before. I'm taking her to the hospital and run some tests for her."

At the hospital

"S-Shawn?" I said as I opened my eyes slowly. I saw him standing at the door while holding a clipboard and wearing his white doctor's blazer..

"Sophia, thank god you're okay." He said as he sat in the bed I'm in.

"Where am I? Why am I here? Why does every inch of my body hurt?" I asked calmly due to the lack of energy I had.

"I'm so sorry, I had to run some tests on you. You were all hazy at the bar. You got drugged up by some asshole. I'm not trying to pressure you, but that person used a pretty serious drug. It causes pain from all sorts of directions in anyone's body."

My eyes widened. "What? So it's serious?! Shit."

I tried to adjust my seating, "ouch" I sighed as I put force into my arms and shoulders.

"Here, let me help." He said as he helped me.

He later on assured me.

Suddenly I felt like I was getting stabbed from all the corners of my body.

I started crying.

His eyes became glossy.

"Shh, it's alright.. I'm here, I got you. I'm sorry that you're in such pain. I wish I could just take it away from you."

"Shawn it's okay it will eventually go" I said as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"It's painful to see you go through pain. I just can't handle it"