“Thank you,” he said, but I couldn’t look at him.

It was strangely like something in me had vanished.

“I feel empty, but trust me, I’d rather be forcibly told that you don’t love me rather than leap on hoping,” I just nodded as we began walking back.

“I will always want you though,” he said, making me stop.

I didn’t know what to say, other than, “And I will always want cookies, but life isn’t fair.”

He laughed, but it was humorless.

“It’ll take me a while, but I can get passed the pain. Its for the better,” and we stopped talking after that. What could we even say?

I just rejected the poor guy!

There was much noise around the camp, everyone talking in loud voices as we approached.

I caught sight of Will, but Will had already seen Derek beside me.

Before I could say anything, Will was grabbing Derek’s shirt.

I grabbed Will’s arm, pulling him back before his black eyes attacked Derek to death.

I think they were talking to each other in their head, but Will stopped dead in his tracks, starring at Derek.

The entire pack was swarmed around us as they tried to see what was going on. After a minute, Will nodded his head, and Derek bowed.

What was happening?

Derek gave me one last smile as he sprinted towards the woods, and somehow, out of my life.