But, even if she didn't say it, I know the emperor is someone that keeps her promise. Maybe she has her own demons to fight but I know despite it all, she's a nice person. Calm, charming even.

"Kathryn, are you here?" Her majesty waves her hand to gain my attention.

"I'm sorry. You were saying?" Her majesty smiled.

"I was asking you if you wouldn't mind cooking dinner tonight. Is that okay?" Cooking dinner? That's not going to be a problem though.

"I would love to. Besides, I'm the type of person that will get bored without doing anything. Is there any particular dish her majesty wish for me to prepare?" She shakes her head no.

"Surprise us. My family and I including our guests will be looking forward to dinner tonight." Guests? Their guests? Wait! I'll be cooking for their guests as well? Then there's no room for mistake. What am I thinking?! I'm cooking for the royal family and their guests!

"Don't be nervous. Just think of it as if you're cooking for your family since you'll be married into my family," huh. Hold on, what did she say?

Her majesty suddenly clapped her hands with a smile.

"Let's enjoy our lunch. I think it's time for the main course. I hope you like Italian food." Her majesty ring the bells to call for the maids. While they place our lunch in front of us, I can't help but think back to what her majesty just said.

What does it mean when she said I'm going to be married into her family? Did she just give me her consent to marrying the emperor? Does that mean I won?

***

"I never thought that I would learn something from someone who's younger than I am. Thank you Lady Kathryn." The palace head chef thanked me before bowing his head. It feels awkward every time when someone older does that.

"Where did you learned to cook? At the academy? Do they provide that kind of training nowadays?" Asked the head maid.

"Mostly from my mother and grandmother. I remembered that they said to attract a person you love start from their appetite. If you can make something that he or she likes, you can have his or her heart." they're nodding their head as they listening to me.

"This is on another level though. You never had any training nor went through hell to be a chef. But you manage to deliver your feelings through your food," I was surprised to see Sir Frederick standing behind me with a plate of what I'd prepared for the guests.

"I was sceptical when I saw the guests seem to enjoy their meal more than usual. Hell, even the emperor was lost at words when he first tastes the food that was being served," they're exaggerating about something so small. It's just food.

Everyone can cook.

"Can you imagined the emperor's reaction then her majesty told him that you were the one preparing tonight's course?" Sir Frederick chuckled as he eats.

"Can you please find somewhere to sit and eat properly," I just can't help but say that. It's rude to stand and eat at the same time. He gave me a toothy smile before sitting down at one of the steel tables. I sigh mentally. He's a full-grown adult that usually acts so matured and dignified. I don't need to tell him what to do.

I continued our conversation with the staff when a maid suddenly made herself known to me.

"I'm sorry for interrupting. You've been summoned, Lady Kathryn by the emperor. If you would please follow me, milady." I nod and excused myself.

The maid shows me the way to where the emperor is.

"Do you know why he summoned for me?" I asked the maid.